Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

grand mayan luxxe villa

Jun 01, 2008

does anybody have an opinion on this new product. selling price, pros, cons?

Bryce B.
Jul 10, 2008

It's awesome. If everything goes as they promise, it ought to be great. Pros: only 6 suites per complex, direct access, no check in 'till you're in your room. Ocean views excusively, first one up will be in Nuevo Vallarta. Only sold at 70% unlike Grand Mayan which is sold to 100% Pro and con: There will always be improvements in process Con: you have to be able to afford it

What you reserve is what you get.....yet to be experienced!!

Price is relative: for instance: we have 2 suites (4 wks each, each year) $200,000 for the suite. As for the villa, I believe it was approx 250. This is a pre-buy.

Michele T.
Jul 13, 2008

michelet55 wrote:
It's awesome. If everything goes as they promise, it ought to be great. Pros: only 6 suites per complex, direct access, no check in 'till you're in your room. Ocean views excusively, first one up will be in Nuevo Vallarta. Only sold at 70% unlike Grand Mayan which is sold to 100% Pro and con: There will always be improvements in process Con: you have to be able to afford it

What you reserve is what you get.....yet to be experienced!!

Price is relative: for instance: we have 2 suites (4 wks each, each year) $200,000 for the suite. As for the villa, I believe it was approx 250. This is a pre-buy.

why are they building this. Is it that much better then the grand mayan. the grand mayan brand is pretty impressive. other then ocean view are they putting in their own pools?

Bryce B.
Jul 14, 2008

I have heard some people have been invited to preview and stay there. Anyone out there?! When will they be available and for how much?

Thanks

Fran B.
Jul 24, 2008

ALOT OF MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL NOT EVEN BE BUILT/AVAILABLE FOR 16 -18MOS!!!

Fran B.
Jul 31, 2008

franb40 wrote:
ALOT OF MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL NOT EVEN BE BUILT/AVAILABLE FOR 16 -18MOS!!!

Apparently, you found out the cost. Can you share that with us? Also, can you share what you found out about the buildings?

Bob J.
Jul 31, 2008

bob739 wrote:
franb40 wrote:

Apparently, you found out the cost. Can you share that with us? Also, can you share what you found out about the buildings?

Yep...first thing of course, I was lied to. VV was to have the Villas availabe 1/09 now we are hearing 16 -18 months! Oh! so now they have my money but can't get ther Villas! Also, was told they will rent out for $7k full Villa. Hum, now they tell me they have no idea what they will rent for. I am just "abit" ticked off!

Fran B.
Jul 31, 2008

franb40 wrote:
bob739 wrote:
franb40 wrote:

Yep...first thing of course, I was lied to. VV was to have the Villas availabe 1/09 now we are hearing 16 -18 months! Oh! so now they have my money but can't get ther Villas! Also, was told they will rent out for $7k full Villa. Hum, now they tell me they have no idea what they will rent for. I am just "abit" ticked off!

So, are you upset enough to want your money back?

Bob J.
Aug 01, 2008

If you think you have been lied to by a salesperson in Mexico, you can voice your complaint to Profeco. They have resolved many problems concerning false information from salespeople in that country:

Profeco - (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor) How to File a Complaint from Outside Mexico for goods and services acquired in Mexico that you are not satisfied with.

Attention to Foreign Residents

Profeco is part of the administrative branch of the federal government of Mexico. Seeks to strengthen the citizen's power and enforces the law to achieve equity on consumption relations.

The Department of Conciliation Services to Foreign Residents (Departamento de Conciliacion a Residentes en el Extranjero C.A.R.E.) provides assistance towards solving controversies arisen between foreign or Mexican citizens living abroad that acquire any product or service from a legally established Mexican supplier and are not satisfied with it.

C.A.R.E. assists the parties within free of charge mediation/conciliation procedures, based upon the terms of the contract that consumer supplies.

To start the conciliation/mediation procedure C.A.R.E. must analyze the documentation submitted by the consumer related to the following information: 1. Complaint letter stating the following: • Consumer: name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail. • Supplier: name and address as stated on the receipt or contract. • Brief description of the complaint, including the date of purchase, cost of the goods or service, and claimed amounts.

2. Completed complaint form

3. Copy of ID (Passport or Driver's License)

4. Copy of contract, invoice payment, bills, credit slips or receipts, as evidence of payment.

5. Copy of additional documents available to support the complaint.

The above information must be e-mailed to: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

Or sent by regular mail to: Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor, Dirección General de Quejas y Conciliación, Av. Jose Vasconcélos no. 208, 6º. Piso, Col. Condesa. Del. Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06140, México, D.F.

It is important to stress that all personal and confidential information colleted by Profeco, C.A.R.E., will be considered as non disclosed and protected by our federal laws.

For further information, do not hesitate to contact us at: (+52) 55 5211-1723 or (+52) 55 5625-6633, or write to: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/

R P.
Aug 04, 2008

jayjay wrote:
THANK YOU BUT I DID TRY IN THE VERY BEGINNING WITH ZERO SUCCESS. THIS SITUATION I AM IN IS GETTING WORSE BY THE MINUTE! WOULD YOU CALL ME AND I WILL CALL BACK ON MY DIME..I'M IN DENVER...720-379-5333 THANK YOU, FRAN If you think you have been lied to by a salesperson in Mexico, you can voice your complaint to Profeco. They have resolved many problems concerning false information from salespeople in that country:

Profeco - (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor) How to File a Complaint from Outside Mexico for goods and services acquired in Mexico that you are not satisfied with.

Attention to Foreign Residents

Profeco is part of the administrative branch of the federal government of Mexico. Seeks to strengthen the citizen's power and enforces the law to achieve equity on consumption relations.

The Department of Conciliation Services to Foreign Residents (Departamento de Conciliacion a Residentes en el Extranjero C.A.R.E.) provides assistance towards solving controversies arisen between foreign or Mexican citizens living abroad that acquire any product or service from a legally established Mexican supplier and are not satisfied with it.

C.A.R.E. assists the parties within free of charge mediation/conciliation procedures, based upon the terms of the contract that consumer supplies.

To start the conciliation/mediation procedure C.A.R.E. must analyze the documentation submitted by the consumer related to the following information: 1. Complaint letter stating the following: • Consumer: name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail. • Supplier: name and address as stated on the receipt or contract. • Brief description of the complaint, including the date of purchase, cost of the goods or service, and claimed amounts.

2. Completed complaint form

3. Copy of ID (Passport or Driver's License)

4. Copy of contract, invoice payment, bills, credit slips or receipts, as evidence of payment.

5. Copy of additional documents available to support the complaint.

The above information must be e-mailed to: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

Or sent by regular mail to: Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor, Dirección General de Quejas y Conciliación, Av. Jose Vasconcélos no. 208, 6º. Piso, Col. Condesa. Del. Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06140, México, D.F.

It is important to stress that all personal and confidential information colleted by Profeco, C.A.R.E., will be considered as non disclosed and protected by our federal laws.

For further information, do not hesitate to contact us at: (+52) 55 5211-1723 or (+52) 55 5625-6633, or write to: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/

THANK YOU BUT I DID TRY IN THE VERY BEGINNING WITH ZERO SUCCESS. THIS SITUATION I AM IN IS GETTING WORSE BY THE MINUTE! WOULD YOU CALL ME AND I WILL CALL BACK ON MY DIME..I'M IN DENVER...720-379-5333 THANK YOU, FRAN

Fran B.
Aug 04, 2008

Fran, I don't have any first hand experience buying timeshares in Mexico and have never owned there, so I wouldn't be of much help to you. The only time I've been to Mexico was via a cruise ship.

I learned about Profeco by reading other timeshare forum sites on the internet and how much help they've been to many people. Perhaps someone reading your post and who's been in your shoes concerning Mexico timeshares will call you with help.

Also, try researching Grupo Mayan in these forums ..... perhaps they could help you.

R P.
Aug 15, 2008

bob739

franb40 wrote:

Apparently, you found out the cost. Can you share that with us? Also, can you share what you found out about the buildings?[/ Just went on the presentation at Riviera Maya. The cost for a 3500 sq. ft. apartment was 399,999 for 4 wks. plus 4 VF weeks. They were offering to give me X amount of credit for my 2 bedroom Grand Mayan, but this was a one time deal that would never be offered to me again. Pressure with a capital P! The whole deal was absurd and they were quite ticked off at my refusal. The following week a friend was offered a "brand new, 2 day old offering" called the Grand Bliss. Bottom line was for about 12,000 more, taking their 2 BR unit, they are promised ocean view and the ability to reserve a year in advance. Oh, and their maint. is now about 1,000. Doesn't seem so great to me.

Debra G.
Aug 15, 2008

debrag4 bob739

franb40 wrote:

Apparently, you found out the cost. Can you share that with us? Also, can you share what you found out about the buildings?[/ Just went on the presentation at Riviera Maya. The cost for a 3500 sq. ft. apartment was 399,999 for 4 wks. plus 4 VF weeks. They were offering to give me X amount of credit for my 2 bedroom Grand Mayan, but this was a one time deal that would never be offered to me again. Pressure with a capital P! The whole deal was absurd and they were quite ticked off at my refusal. The following week a friend was offered a "brand new, 2 day old offering" called the Grand Bliss. Bottom line was for about 12,000 more, taking their 2 BR unit, they are promised ocean view and the ability to reserve a year in advance. Oh, and their maint. is now about 1,000. Doesn't seem so great to me.[/Q]

Bob J.
Aug 15, 2008

bob739 debrag4

bob739 wrote:
franb40 wrote:

Apparently, you found out the cost. Can you share that with us? Also, can you share what you found out about the buildings?[/ Just went on the presentation at Riviera Maya. The cost for a 3500 sq. ft. apartment was 399,999 for 4 wks. plus 4 VF weeks. They were offering to give me X amount of credit for my 2 bedroom Grand Mayan, but this was a one time deal that would never be offered to me again. Pressure with a capital P! The whole deal was absurd and they were quite ticked off at my refusal. The following week a friend was offered a "brand new, 2 day old offering" called the Grand Bliss. Bottom line was for about 12,000 more, taking their 2 BR unit, they are promised ocean view and the ability to reserve a year in advance. Oh, and their maint. is now about 1,000. Doesn't seem so great to me.[/Q]

Interesting. Are the apartments different types of units? They seem pretty large to me. Must have some decking, right?

I was confused about the Grand Bliss thing....was your friend offered an ocean view plus the ability to reserve one year in advance for $12,000 plus an increase in his maintenance fee? Or was he offered one of the apartments that gave him the ability to reserve one year in advance plus ocean views in exchange for his 2 BR Grand Mayan unit plus a cash payment of $12,000 and an increase in his MF?

I assume he can split the 2 BR Grand Mayan unit and use the 1 BR unit for one week and the room for another week? If so, it seems your friend would get a total of 4 weeks of use out of his 2 BR Grand Mayan unit (assuming he has a VFW and a VW). Did your friend tell you how many weeks of use he would have gotten if he accepted the Grand Luxxe Grand Bliss offer?

Bob J.

Last edited by bob739 on Aug 15, 2008 10:46 AM

Aug 16, 2008

bob739 bob739 debrag4

bob739 wrote:
franb40 wrote:

Interesting. Are the apartments different types of units? They seem pretty large to me. Must have some decking, right?

I was confused about the Grand Bliss thing....was your friend offered an ocean view plus the ability to reserve one year in advance for $12,000 plus an increase in his maintenance fee? Or was he offered one of the apartments that gave him the ability to reserve one year in advance plus ocean views in exchange for his 2 BR Grand Mayan unit plus a cash payment of $12,000 and an increase in his MF?

I assume he can split the 2 BR Grand Mayan unit and use the 1 BR unit for one week and the room for another week? If so, it seems your friend would get a total of 4 weeks of use out of his 2 BR Grand Mayan unit (assuming he has a VFW and a VW). Did your friend tell you how many weeks of use he would have gotten if he accepted the Grand Luxxe Grand Bliss offer?[/

The 12,000 was the final price for the grand bliss offer with the exchange of their 2BR Grand Mayan. of course it started much higher. They had to give up their VF week. That means they have one week in a 2 BR , I'm not sure if it can be split.

Debra G.
Aug 16, 2008

debrag4 bob739 bob739 debrag4

bob739 wrote:
franb40 wrote:

I assume he can split the 2 BR Grand Mayan unit and use the 1 BR unit for one week and the room for another week? If so, it seems your friend would get a total of 4 weeks of use out of his 2 BR Grand Mayan unit (assuming he has a VFW and a VW). Did your friend tell you how many weeks of use he would have gotten if he accepted the Grand Luxxe Grand Bliss offer?[/

The 12,000 was the final price for the grand bliss offer with the exchange of their 2BR Grand Mayan. of course it started much higher. They had to give up their VF week. That means they have one week in a 2 BR , I'm not sure if it can be split.[/Q]

Bryce B.
Aug 16, 2008

bryceb debrag4 bob739 bob739

debrag4 wrote:
bob739 wrote:
franb40 wrote:

The 12,000 was the final price for the grand bliss offer with the exchange of their 2BR Grand Mayan. of course it started much higher. They had to give up their VF week. That means they have one week in a 2 BR , I'm not sure if it can be split.[/Q]

I learned a little more about the new renovations surrounding the grand luxxe project in neuvo vallarta. One the sells agents said a memo came out detailing what is to come within the next short while. This is what she emailed me:

" (there will be)the Nayar Beach Jungle & River Town, 4 to 5 New Trains Transporting 200 Passengers Per Train Around the Resort. J.Ñ. (Jack Nicholus) Golf Cousre Finished December 2008 with all Natural Lakes. The New River Town will have such Fine shops like Channel, Boss. Churches For Weddings, Circus Ole, Every Afternoon Water Shows, Theatres, Gym Spa and many fine Restaurants. Means of Transportation will be Boats Carts and Trains."

I asked for the actual memo but they would not release it to me. sooo, take it for what its worth. When I was there a lot construction was going on around the golf course and around the large river delta. Hopefully I wasn't being feed a bunch of crap. time will tell.

Bryce B.
Aug 20, 2008

debrag4 bob739

franb40 wrote:

The sales people at any Mayan lie through their teeth with a straight face. They promise you many things that can't possibly come true. Fot instance, ocean view. There are only so many ocean views and all can not be promised. You get lucky or not at the front desk of each resort. You may get the ground floor facing another building or a palm tree or a mountain view or a parking lot. I have been a time share owner with the Mayan since 1987 and have been on many presentations just to hear what new lies they come up with and they do come up with plenty.

Maureen F.
Aug 20, 2008

I put my response in the wrong section. read the last paragraph in the above section.

Maureen F.
Aug 21, 2008

I tell you, people need to have everything recorded! The have very selective memory!! Talk out of both sides of their mouth! We bought in May and we still cannot get the contract right! and the sales person is already "gone"!!! I really regret buying in. Once they have your money, you definitely can't get it back!

Fran B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.