Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Margaret L.):

I just spoke to a Marriott representative. She told me that owners of weeks purchased on the secondary market (such as Red Week) after the June 17th conversion date will not be able to make resevations at the resort they purchased until all Marriot owners who purchased their weeks or bought points through Marriott have been satisfied. In addition since you now have to do everything through Marriott they know whether or not you purchased your week through them. They also will be the only ones who will actually know if there is inventory available or not and could just say that nothing is available for the dates you want. Apparently secondary market purchased weeks (due to Marriott's right of first refusal) are coded with a special letter as a means of identification. That provision would seem to make secondary market sales after June 17th essentially useless. Since the purchasers of deeded weeks own them regardless of from whom they were purchased and Marriott no longer does, it isn't clear to me how they can legally can apply this restriction. It used to be that you didn't receive Marriott points when you bought on the secondary market but you were able to make resevations as owners like everyone else. Has anyone else been given the same information? Thank you.