Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point System (by Ernie W.):

How is it that the Trust Owners Administration is made of people who are owners of the Land Trust? That is no different from folks who bought a timeshare and sit on the BOD of their home resort? Florida does not allow the Developer, any Developer to have majority vote of a land trust. I'm not challenging you and I don't work for Marriott, I spent good money on a Hawaii timeshare with Marriott and I'm reading everything cause I'm a bit spooked about wether or not to enroll. I concerned about skimming like anyone else and when I asked about my home resort they (sales gal) said I can always book my home resort without electing to take points if that is what I want to do. The old system I could just bank and trade back in but I tried one time and could'nt get it at all. II said it's probably because there are fewer weeks deposited from the region as a whole with summer dates. I don't know if I will benefit from the points program as I look at my personal useage, but I suppose I'm not opposed to the system being changed so long as I have my home resort with the legacy inventory. And, there are difinately two inventories at every resort in the trust so for me, well, I'm comfortable that as long as I book my home resort I'm okay.