Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Beck):

The annual option is the current points option which is only available to people who bought direct, the new option is permanaently in points.

Someone stated converting to points will make their ownership more valuable. I don't see how that will be true. The DRI Collections contracts(pure points with multiple locations) are worth less than the deeded contracts (only one resort). I think if you look at WVR you will see they have been successful in converting the vast majority of the weekly owners to points and yet the points contracts are just as low priced as the weeks contracts.

The lasrgest reason the Marriott points sytem will result in lower value is due to the fact that your new ownership will contain fewer points than the number of points required to stay at your resort. I know Marriott has said you will not need the full point value to stay at your resort, but look at it this way: Two people stay in weeks, two others go to points. Not including the benefit of dividing a lockout to potentially secure a larger unit, in general the two weeks owners with the same level of resort/unit (but where they own at different resorts) will be able to exchange without an issue. However, the two points owners who receive 9,000 points where their units both require 10,000 points will not be able to use each other's units any longer. Marriott benefits but the owners don't. Not only will Marriott be able to sell more ownership from skimming, they will also talk existing owners into buying more points just so they can use what they should have been able to use without buying more.