Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Thomas N.):

I spoke to a Marriott representatives (so his explanation may or may not be accurate), but he specifically said that the traditional "Marriott to Marriott trades" within II (not points based trading) will no longer have a transaction fee for owners who enroll in the new points program. Also, only one II membership is needed, as in the past, but the annual II membership fee will be included as part of the annual fee ($165, or $199) for owners that enroll in the new Marriott points program. (I did notice in the fine print, however, that Marriott reserves the right to charge additional fees in the future, at their discretion.)

My question is, given the savings of not having to pay for lockoffs, II membership, Marriott to Marriott trades, cancellations, etc., is it a good idea to enroll in the new program, even though I do not plan to relinquish my units for the new points? Further, will I be signing away future rights (such as the ability to sell or rent out my units) if I agree to the new program?