Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point System (by Michelle B.):

We talked to a Marriott rep yesterday. She said that additional points cost $9.20 each. You said that you bought them at $0.40 each. That is a HUGE discrepancy! I am really confused. In either case, I just can't see the advantage of paying an enrollment fee, a yearly club fee - $165.00, and a large amount for each additional point. The rep kept saying that we would have the flexibility to book shorter stays for any day of the week. I do that now in Marriott motels and earn points. If I am only staying a day or two, I don't need a timeshare. I understand that others might, but at what cost? It just doesn't benefit us. Also, we own an every-other-year timeshare but the fees are exactly the same as if we owned it every year. I can't see how that helps us. So we are definitely NOT buying. If you are losing sleep at night over 17K (I definitely would), I would cancel and give it more thought. Just saying - sleep is important :-)