Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Tony D.):

rm5 wrote:
libby31 wrote:
As rm5 has stated we can choose to use our weeks as we normally have done. But it does not seem to be working and I have a hard time putting a great deal of stock in rm5's comments because they will not identify their relationship with Marriott. I believe it is because they work there. Therefore they have a vested interest in saying it will all work out.

libby31,

With all due respect, this is not a job interview. Just like you, I am a paid subscriber to redweek.com with an interest in contributing my thoughts that may help a confused or misinformed reader (like you) of this forum.

1. I do not have a relationship with Marriott. With about thirty years experience in the timeshare industry on a variety of different levels, I understand the multi-faceted relationship between developer, buyer/ owner, internal sales/ external sales and homeowner associations better than most. I am a licensed real estate broker that has bought and sold Marriott timeshares - and understand their operations quite well.

2. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation on these types of forums. It is difficult at times to decipher what is fact from fiction. Additionally, Marriott has done a great job (intentionally or unintentionally) of creating a great deal of FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) with its Destinations program. My intention is to offer insight and expertise that may provide readers of this forum with some additional perspective when evaluating Marriott's Destinations program.

If one chooses to put this info into their their "arsenal" - great. If one chooses to discount this information - well that's ok too.

3. Additionally, you appear to be confused on my comments regarding using your week. In my post I am referring to using your week as a legacy owner within the floating (legacy) system. I have been clear that I believe owners electing to use Destinations points in any given year will find making reservations with their points problematic and difficult.