Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: upfront fee company transfer contract cancellation? (by John G.):

jayjay wrote:
rockyg5 wrote:
Thanks for responding, JayJay. The answer to your question is, yes.

A "company" offered to transfer a timeshare out of my parents' name.

1. They signed a contract with "Safe Hands Transfers". 2. They received an email with forms from "Preferred Transfers" including a "GRANT DEED" and a "Limited Power of Attorney" form to return. 3. The "DEED GRANT" form states that they are granting real property to POY Developers.

I don't know why there are so many companies involved (I'm sure for legal loopholes).

I'm just wondering if my parents can get out of the contract they signed.

This sounds like a postcard company where a timeshare owner pays approximately $3500 + - for the company to take the timeshare out of their name .... but it should only be a one time fee.

There have been reports that some postcard companies never actually do the transfer and the deed stays in the owner's name and they are billed for maintenance fees and special assessments .... however there are some postcard companies that do what they promise by using a power of attorney and they then turn around and try to sell it on Ebay for $1 because they've already made their money from the fees charged the owner.

Exactly how much money have your parents given to this company? If they have your parent's credit card number, they have probably already charged their fee to it .... if the transaction occurred less than 60 days out, then your parent's can file a complaint with the credit card company.