Wyndham Vacations

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Wyndham Vacations (by Dennis N.):

To lancec13Strange, I answered your question prior to this and submitted it but my reply was somehow dropped. I'll try again. The main thing this salesman was telling me was that, unless I bought and owned points attached to a Myrtle Beach property, I would not be able to book vacation time in any of the Myrtle Beach resorts (my points package is attached to one of Wyndham's Tennessee resorts). He said that Wyndham was changing their proceedures/rules and that if I wanted Myrtle Beach reservations in the future I would have to own Myrtle Beach points. This was because the demand was supposedly growing so rapidly. Also, I would not be able to book reservations into their newest project/resort in Myrtle Beach; a condo complex which was experiencing an inability to sell units and, partnereing with Wyndham, set aside a portion of their condo units to be sold as timeshare. Having all the Wyndham points I need for now I had no intention of purchasing more and this, obviously false proclamation, did not change that. I was assured by Wyndham when I bought my points that I would be treated just like any other owner whether they were acquired through a third party or directly from them. "Points are points are points" is what I was told. I asked the salesman that if Wyndham had lied to me or would make such a drastic change in policy as he stated, then why would I want to get MORE involved with them? I politely said I would take my chances and declined. My experience with Wyndham has been very good to date and I do not regret my purchase.