Timeshare Companies

Wyndham Vacations

Sep 08, 2010

BE CAREFUL!!! We just had an AWFUL experience with reservevacations.com and wyndham vacations. We made a reservation for a weekend in Atlantic City and were going to listen to the 2 hr talk on time share and may be buy one. Everything was ok till we tried to arrive at the location. It took me 5-10 minutes to find a door in the building that had a sign on it saying that Wyndham vacations were there, then I drove around for 20 min looking for parking. This part of Atlantic City is not very nice and I did not feel comfortable leaving my car on the street. On the info provided by the companies, we were supposed to have "free valet parking the day of the tour". Not only was there no parking, there was a crapy little lot to the side of the building on a little street (none of this was mentioned in the info provided to us).

Once we finally found everything, we were almost 30 minutes late. Instead of appologizing for the inconvenience and trying to accomodate us, we were assaulted. The receptionist was RUDE, RUDE, RUDE. As a physician I am used to working with professionals, no matter at what level they are. If she was a receptionist at my office, she would have been fired the first hour. She told us it was our problem that we were late and that if we don't want to wait another 3 hour for the tour then we can just pay the "penalty" fee and do whatever.

We were in the front office for around an hour being treated with condescension, patronized and told that we were liers.

The saddest thing is that she had support of her supervisor and when we tried to call the corporate office their response was very similar. DON'T EVER book anything with them or try to buy their time share. If this is how they treat a potential customer, how do you think they'll treat you once you actually signed up and paid the money?

Alla K.
Sep 09, 2010

You don't realize this but you were very lucky that you got out of that timeshare presentation ..... they're all smoke and mirrors .... you can get the very exact same thing on the resale market for 90% + - less of what you might have paid the developer via the presentation .... you need to THANK that rude receptionist.

R P.
Oct 21, 2010

I bought Wyndham TS point from an outside party, stayed for multiple weeks at the Wyndham Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach and they treated me like a king. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I also went through the "in house" sales presentation, was given a bit of erroneous information to entice me to purchase, but politely declined. There was a little pressure but, being from sales myself, as long as it was done in a friendly way, I would expect it and was ok with it. I didn't really appreciate the false information the salesman fed me, however.... and I still declined. I did notice during my stay that heavy check in days were a bit hectic but no more so than I've experienced at either of my other two TS companies and resorts. I think it depends on how large a certain resort is and what time of year one is booking.

Dennis N.
Oct 23, 2010

dennisn36 wrote:
I bought Wyndham TS point from an outside party, stayed for multiple weeks at the Wyndham Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach and they treated me like a king. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I also went through the "in house" sales presentation, was given a bit of erroneous information to entice me to purchase, but politely declined. There was a little pressure but, being from sales myself, as long as it was done in a friendly way, I would expect it and was ok with it. I didn't really appreciate the false information the salesman fed me, however.... and I still declined. I did notice during my stay that heavy check in days were a bit hectic but no more so than I've experienced at either of my other two TS companies and resorts. I think it depends on how large a certain resort is and what time of year one is booking.

What was some of the false information the salesman fed you? Just curious.

Lance C.
Oct 23, 2010

lancec13 wrote:
dennisn36 wrote:

What was some of the false information the salesman fed you? Just curious.

Dennis N.
Oct 25, 2010

To lancec13Strange, I answered your question prior to this and submitted it but my reply was somehow dropped. I'll try again. The main thing this salesman was telling me was that, unless I bought and owned points attached to a Myrtle Beach property, I would not be able to book vacation time in any of the Myrtle Beach resorts (my points package is attached to one of Wyndham's Tennessee resorts). He said that Wyndham was changing their proceedures/rules and that if I wanted Myrtle Beach reservations in the future I would have to own Myrtle Beach points. This was because the demand was supposedly growing so rapidly. Also, I would not be able to book reservations into their newest project/resort in Myrtle Beach; a condo complex which was experiencing an inability to sell units and, partnereing with Wyndham, set aside a portion of their condo units to be sold as timeshare. Having all the Wyndham points I need for now I had no intention of purchasing more and this, obviously false proclamation, did not change that. I was assured by Wyndham when I bought my points that I would be treated just like any other owner whether they were acquired through a third party or directly from them. "Points are points are points" is what I was told. I asked the salesman that if Wyndham had lied to me or would make such a drastic change in policy as he stated, then why would I want to get MORE involved with them? I politely said I would take my chances and declined. My experience with Wyndham has been very good to date and I do not regret my purchase.

Dennis N.
Oct 26, 2010

dennisn36 wrote:
"Points are points are points" is what I was told.
And that is entirely correct. Any salesman spouting drivel about Wyndham points somehow being specific to or usable at only one particular facility is just a bold-faced lie (...not unusual for developer sales people in the timeshare industry). While availability elsewhere is never guaranteed, those points are usable at ANY other Wyndham timeshare facility --- available space permitting, of course.

Wyndham is a good system overall, but their lying developer-sales weasels are of the same ilk as all other lying developer-sales weasels. The weasels are hungry for a commission and they will say and claim almost anything to make a sale, knowing full well that their oral claims mean absolutely NOTHING unless those oral statements are also clearly and specifically reflected IN WRITING within the sales contract (...which the false claims obviously NEVER are). Buy resale, save 90% or more and just avoid all the sales weasel fairy tales...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 26, 2010 07:53 AM

Oct 26, 2010

We, too, own Wyndham points. The only sense I can imagine in what that salesman said might be in the fact that you can make reservations earlier where your contract is than you can at other Wyndham resorts. We have owned at Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach, for example, and if we wanted race week, we needed to call early in the morning 13 months ahead. Wyndham owners with contracts at other resorts could not attempt to make reservations until 11 months out. (Lots 'o luck!) I was not aware that Myrtle Beach was that huge a draw, but perhaps it is at certain special times. If so, and if that is where you really want to go, being able to reserve ahead of the rush could be worthwhile. MD

Mary D.
Oct 27, 2010

I think that March/April through September/October Summer is the busiest time for Myrtle Beach and I have no desire to go during summer. The months "sandwiching" summer are golfing months and although they are busy, one can easily book reservations 10 or 11 months out which is also the case for the winter months. The salesman was not referring to the policy whereas owners at a specific resort get first shot at booking reservations and then Wyndham point owners attached elsewhere a couple months later. He specifically told me I would not be ALLOWED to book into Myrtle Beach unless I owned there. Now, if called into question re: his statement, he might have told his supervisor that he MEANT what YOU are saying but it is definitely NOT what he said. I was as close to 100% sure that was NOT the case so it didn't phase me in the least. Wyndham clearly explained their policy to me in that regard and, in fact, actually used Daytona and Race Week as an example of where it would be impossible for a non-Daytona owner to find availability. This was the first time I had used my points at any resort but before I bought this package I did my research and also asked many questions with the previous owner who was very well versed in the Wyndham system and was very helpful to me. I was careful to verify everything I was told with a second opinion. I own Marriott also and find Wyndham gives me more flexibility.... both with use of my Marriott weeks and all by itself. I have no regrets and the price was far better than that salesman quoted me. :o)

Dennis N.
Nov 11, 2010

We are Wyndham owners for about twelve years. We bought in Myrtle Beach because we wanted the thirteen month advantage for booking. Also, Wyndham gives you the thirteen month advantage in ALL resorts in MB, not just the one you own in. We have never had a bad experience with Wyndham ownership.

John P.
Nov 20, 2010

Interesting. I wonder whether that means longer reservation time windows allowed at all 3 Williamsburg Wyndhams, all 3 Branson Wyndham, all 4 Orlando Wyndhams, etc. if you own at one in that city. Actually, that could be a mixed blessing if you own at the best one in town and have to compete head to head with owners at the oldest location. Win some/lose some. MD

Mary D.
Feb 24, 2011

The company that booked you was reservationsvacations, NOT Wyndham. Wyndham did not promise you valet parking, reservationvacations did. Unless you actually get a Wyndham offer to go to a timeshare presentation, then it was a third party company that provides tours to Wyndham and then Wyndham pays them for your participation. As far as being late 30 minutes, there is not much they (Wyndam) can do to accommodate you because they are usually group presentations that have already started. You can't hold up a presentation of dozens of people to see if one person makes it in or not. When you go to a Broadway play, they do not wait for you, nor does an airliner if you are late.

allav3 wrote:
BE CAREFUL!!! We just had an AWFUL experience with reservevacations.com and wyndham vacations. We made a reservation for a weekend in Atlantic City and were going to listen to the 2 hr talk on time share and may be buy one. Everything was ok till we tried to arrive at the location. It took me 5-10 minutes to find a door in the building that had a sign on it saying that Wyndham vacations were there, then I drove around for 20 min looking for parking. This part of Atlantic City is not very nice and I did not feel comfortable leaving my car on the street. On the info provided by the companies, we were supposed to have "free valet parking the day of the tour". Not only was there no parking, there was a crapy little lot to the side of the building on a little street (none of this was mentioned in the info provided to us).

Once we finally found everything, we were almost 30 minutes late. Instead of appologizing for the inconvenience and trying to accomodate us, we were assaulted. The receptionist was RUDE, RUDE, RUDE. As a physician I am used to working with professionals, no matter at what level they are. If she was a receptionist at my office, she would have been fired the first hour. She told us it was our problem that we were late and that if we don't want to wait another 3 hour for the tour then we can just pay the "penalty" fee and do whatever.

We were in the front office for around an hour being treated with condescension, patronized and told that we were liers.

The saddest thing is that she had support of her supervisor and when we tried to call the corporate office their response was very similar. DON'T EVER book anything with them or try to buy their time share. If this is how they treat a potential customer, how do you think they'll treat you once you actually signed up and paid the money?

Joe L.
Dec 12, 2011

You are better off on the open market. I just spent $30000 for 200000 point and during the sale pitch it was supposed to be $18,000 with credit from the other units that I owned. We did not realize the total cost till the final bill came in. The will not call back.

Stay away. Rent someone else's. I will rent units to you send e-mail to jfrice@gmail.com. I have lots of points and want to rent or sale for a good price.

Joe F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.