Wyndham Vacations

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Wyndham Vacations (by Dennis N.):

I think that March/April through September/October Summer is the busiest time for Myrtle Beach and I have no desire to go during summer. The months "sandwiching" summer are golfing months and although they are busy, one can easily book reservations 10 or 11 months out which is also the case for the winter months. The salesman was not referring to the policy whereas owners at a specific resort get first shot at booking reservations and then Wyndham point owners attached elsewhere a couple months later. He specifically told me I would not be ALLOWED to book into Myrtle Beach unless I owned there. Now, if called into question re: his statement, he might have told his supervisor that he MEANT what YOU are saying but it is definitely NOT what he said. I was as close to 100% sure that was NOT the case so it didn't phase me in the least. Wyndham clearly explained their policy to me in that regard and, in fact, actually used Daytona and Race Week as an example of where it would be impossible for a non-Daytona owner to find availability. This was the first time I had used my points at any resort but before I bought this package I did my research and also asked many questions with the previous owner who was very well versed in the Wyndham system and was very helpful to me. I was careful to verify everything I was told with a second opinion. I own Marriott also and find Wyndham gives me more flexibility.... both with use of my Marriott weeks and all by itself. I have no regrets and the price was far better than that salesman quoted me. :o)