Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Erman C.):

Greetings,

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not even close to a Marriott employee. I'm a US Air Force Retired officer (22yrs) and I continue to honorably serve the Department of Defense and our aviation heros as a civilian program manager/engineer helping develop the next generation of fighter aircraft for the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and our closest allies. In that role I get to spend from three to four months a year away from home and family. On those trips and the couple of weeks a year I manage to spend with my family on vacation I strive hard to frequent MVCI resorts and Marriott hotels. I can say I've never been disappointed in the nearly 30 years I've been doing this and I have had many a cup of coffee across the table from Marriott's most experienced staff. I'll be the first to say that I am a loyal customer and owner of Marriott properties as they are my "home-away from-home", but I can also assure you the time I spend chatting with them is for a purpose and intended to further my understanding of their products and services and when possible provide them my unfiltered feedback and criticism.

If it helps any, during my last trip to Orlando I elected to stay at the Marriot Lakeshore Reserve timeshare property (one of their only new developments in the past few years). While there I managed to get their sales manager and master salesperson to discuss the new system for an hour and a half after they were closed. They knew up-front I was not there to purchase yet they were all ears as I shared all the concerns I've read in this blog and others on TUG. They were polite and very interested in the feedback and promised to convey all feedback up their chain-of-command. They have a vested interest in the success of the MVCI enterprise as they are the handful of staff that remain and must make a living on the quality of their product. They noted that most of their sales are from referrals that come from satisfied owners so they do care about owner opinions provided with positive solutions in mind.

So with that said and since I seemed to have spoiled the angst and vinger theme that was developing on this blog, I'll go back to being a "silent" reader for a bit and do what I've always done over the years and keep providing constructive and honest feedback directly to the company and their staff.

I do honestly wish all the best for all of us as Marriott timeshare owners old and new and I hope that we each continue to enjoy vacationing in this terrific manner for many years to come.

v/r

Erman Cordova