Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by T M.):

The Marriott Points System is designed to make more money for Marriott. I will explain why: 1. In the Points System - You only get a six night value in points to trade for your 7 nights. (Marriott just reduced the value of your resort week) That's why they don't give you the Points Value Booklet at the sales presentation until after you signed up for the Points System. That is also why you can bank Points and use them next year because you will need the extra Points to go where you want. 2. If you prefer to go to the resort you purchased, you should know that getting the best weeks will be harder to do if your resort is in high demand. Points users can reserve 13 months in advance and get the best weeks at the resort you own. That will make it harder for the you, the Resort owner, -if you are reserving 12 months in advance- to get the week you want at the resort you purchased. (I think Marriott can give away 50% of the rooms to Points users.) So unless you own two weeks at that Resort and can reserve 13 months out also - reserve early if you want a popular week. 3. If you enroll in the Points Sys. - You do not have to pay the fee to be in Interval International or an exchange fee but, Marriott is now going to get an extra yearly fee from you; whether you convert to your week that year into Points or not. ($199 is the usual new fee.) If you went to your own resort in the past - you paid no exchange fee. Therefore, $199 is more than you spent in the past because you only had the II fee of around $90. 4. If you traded a lot in the past, don't care to go to your own resort and you own Platinum weeks (so that you get a decent Point value for your weeks) - you will may like the Point system. Remember though you get a 6 night value. 5. If you own Silver or Gold weeks the days of excellent trades for you is over. You will find now you will have to buy some extra Points from Marriott to get a decent trade. (More Cash for Marriott) 6. If you buy extra Points I believe there is a yearly "Maintenance Fee" on the extra Points. I hear the fee is high. (More $ for Marriott) I see it this way - Eventually Marriott owners will be forced into the Points system, whether they want to be or not, simply because good trades (if you are not using Points) will become much more difficult.