Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by B S.):

Rick1227,

Here is my response to your comments about us "gaming the system" and that the days of "excellent trades are over" (see your quotes below)

"I guess that it is safe to say that many of us who gamed the system over the years might be aggravated by the new system. Yes, all of us who took gold and bronze or silver weeks and traded them for platinum over the years. I dont remember anywhere in the plan when Marriott promised to give away all of this to us.

5. Excellent trades are over. Perhaps, but then if you own Silver or Gold you should trade for Silver or Gold. We all bragged too much about the great trades, and too many of us rented our weeks also, and too many of us bought in the after market for resales. Those are all ok though, right? It is all relative. We were never promised or guaranteed great trades."

I think anyone who sat through a MVC presentation and bought a timeshare from Marriott in the past will tell you that one of the main Marriott sales person pitches was how great of trades you could pull off in the Interval system and how valuable even Bronze/Silver weeks were from Marriott. In fact, I remember both Stan and Herb (the two sales guys that we dealt with) both showed us some potential "excellent trades" using their logins on the Interval site with their Marriott weeks. Both of those guys also bragged about "excellent trades" that they had made over the years. This was the main point they stressed about owning a MVC week. I would bet my house that this was part of MVC's corporate sales training program.

So for you to act like we have been cheating the system or getting away with murder in the past and that we should be grateful about the time we had even though it's over now is a ridiculous assessment. One of the reasons I bought into this mess is because I looked forward to trading my Marriott week for better weeks or even multiple weeks. I think our anger over "Excellent trades being over" is pretty justified. One of the reasons I was so happy with my Marriott investment was the fact that I had gotten quite a few "excellent trades". In fact, when I talked to friends and family about the Marriott Vacation Club (and got three of them to buy) that's what I pitched to them. Now I'm angry because the game was changed without our input and we (owners) are the ones losing something (what are we gaining with the new program, and don't say "flexibility").

I have no problem with Marriott making money, but the way they are doing it is ridiculous. They are sucking more money from their loyal customers who are stuck with them. If there was an easy way for us pissed off customers to get out of owning our MVC weeks for anywhere close to what we paid for them I bet you'd see folks jumping off the ship left and right. The fact of the matter is that we can't so we are stuck with them and they know it and fully took advantage of the situation with their new program. Marriott "had" one of the best reputations and loyal customer bases that I'd ever seen in the industry which is another reason that we bought a MVC week. I think they have severely hurt their image and reputation buy trying to make more "profits" off of this group.

I can appreciate you trying to stay positive, but I have to disagree with your logic. I know that Marriott employees are members on these boards and pretend to be owners that spin things in a positive light. I can't help but suspect you are one of them based on your comments above.