Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

POA (by KC):

marieb169 wrote:
We are wanting to donate our timeshare to property donation group.....I just wanted to ask what you meant by choosing your own POA.
I DO NOT recommend this entity AT ALL, but I will nonetheless note that PoA in this particular context is just an abbreviation which refers to "Power of Attorney". It is a common practice among such entities to fail (or to just overtly decline) to ever actually put the ownership into their own name. Power of Attorney from the current owner gives them the authority to (maybe) find a new (...but only maybe lawful) new owner, in whose name to subsequently record the ownership. The entity carefully avoids ANY risk to themselves by using a PoA to NEVER have to put the ownership into their own name, instead leaving it in YOUR name until such time as they can (maybe) transfer the ownership (hopefully lawfully) to someone else. Transferring the ownership into a bogus company, shell corporation, or phony LLC could essentially constitute fraud, which could later result in a voided deed determined not to have ever been valid in the first place. Good luck --- you may end up needing LOTS of it....