Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Successful Resales & Rental Feedback Wanted (by Don P.):

I was able to give two timeshares back to my home resorts. They took them back with what is called a " deed back ". I called them up and got in contact with the person that handles that process. I explained my circumstances. I was up to date with the maintenance fees and assessments. I just had to pay a nominal fee to process the paperwork and pay the next years taxes. I got no money for them just the relief from future fees. If that doesn't work for you there is this site and others that you can list them for sale. You could list them for almost nothing and offer to pay the closing costs as an incentive. It might be cheaper than paying another year of fees. There are a few charities that might accept them. I also heard from one person that listed the timeshare for sale in a local newspaper where the timeshare was located and it sold very quickly. Sometimes a family member might want to buy one close to where another family member lives.

NEVER pay anyone any money upfront to take the timeshare off your hands. These are scam companies. A lot of them claim that there are no upfront fees but they bait you in and then demand a " fee " before the transaction can go through.

I made a lot of phone calls and tried everything before I finally was able to do the deed back. Don't give up and be proactive and you might free yourself of the obligation eventually.