Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by G333 S.):

You have misunderstood. Your deeder weeks do not convert into points. EVER. The deeds you signed stay exactly as is, and therefore so do your maintenance fees. If your weeks are enrolled, you gain the USEAGE option to use your deeder weeks as election points. This useage option is not a permenant change/conversion of your ownership. You have the ability to use your weeks just as you always have prior to enrolling. Some owners enrolled and do not like using points, but still enrolled to save on fees. The only time you will ever pay for the maintenance fees on points is if you purchase the deed for points. Maintenance fees are associated with the deed, not the useage option chosen for that year. As for buying after market, you can find cheap deals, but that comes with life long sacrifices that will have to be weighed against the upfront savings. To each their own. But Marriott's destination system has really added a lot of flexibility and various options outside of just resorts that can be used. Unfortunately they do not allow after market weeks to participate in this program (enrollment isn't eligible) nor are the MRP, and the a la carte fees that get condensed through enrollment will also not be an option. This alone could save a huge chunk over time, unless you always go back the same season/resort you purchase. As for rentals at $5200, If I were to do that just 4-5 times I would have spent the same amount of $ as just buying 2500 points anyway. So, while I agree there are good deals out there, I still am one of those ppl that believe you get what you pay for. Marriott did a good job protecting their product by offering more benefits when buying from them versus the not. Not something I like, but I can't blame them for it either. They're out to make money like any other business.