Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Jill R.):

donp196 wrote:
The only question I have is should it be this difficult to use their system ? People who bought into their system spent a huge sum of money to join thier club. They obligated themselves to a lifetime of never ending increasing maintenance fees only to be told years down the road that they will have to invest even more to upgrade yet again.

The money most people spent just to join their program would be enough to purchase a new car. I guess there are a lot of people with money to burn.

If you surf enough websites you will find many timeshares out there to rent for less that a lot of people are paying in just maintenance fees. Just remember somewhere down the road your lifestyle might change and events occur in peoples lives that they no longer can or want to travel. Try selling or giving away your lifetime obligation and see how hard it has become in this economy.

I'm not condeming the industry but just pointing out some facts. People make choices and sign documents when they are in a state of euphoria when they are vacationing without reading through the papers they are signing coupled with the false promises made by many unscrupulous salespersons.

Just be wise and make and educated decisssion not based on impulse.

Very good advice, and not biased as the next poster stated. Merely factual, and well thought out.

The economy is only going to get worse at the rate the government is spending with no end in site, so unless you have "money to burn" as you said, it's better to hang onto the bulk of it and save at this point in time.

Even though we have taken some great vacations, we paid a premium to do so, and now our investment is devalued by two thirds. I wish we had looked into other options, and had not spent so much money now in light of the current economy. Having all of that money in savings or invested would be preferable now. I'd rather we had saved and put together great vacations on our own at a much lower cost than what we spent on our deeded weeks, maintenance fees, etc..