New Owners

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New Owners (by Joshua M.):

My family has also been scammed by Summer Winds. I have signed your petition. Please let me know if you have gotten anywhere with getting out of your contract. We bought in June of 2013. I have noticed that there have been more and more recent complaints on the BBB. I am interested in contacting a lawyer regarding this issue. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

jerryk137 wrote:
Been kicking myself from day one for falling for this scam, but my wife and I bought into this ownership thing about 2 months ago. For the past couple weeks, I have researched and read about every complaint, 100's and 100's and that go back YEARS. I sent a letter to Mr. Joyce, the Chairman, a few days ago but as of this posting, have heard nothing. Sorry but I'm not going to sit around and become their cash cow and ATM machine! Yesterday I started a Petition that I'm hoping will get somebody's legal attention, my local U.S Rep, the Mo Atty Gen, Gov. Nixon, and the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. If you would like to help out, this is NOT a scam and I'm just like the rest of you, I don't like being lied too and especially when it comes to robbing me of my hard earned cash....Go to Change.Org and type in Summerwinds Resort in "find" top of page. This will take you to the petition I started yesterday. Click on "sign" and fill in the from. It only takes a few seconds and if you do not want your or anybody else's name made public, there's a place to click on that too. When there are enough names collected, I'm checking with the state offices now to find out how many signatures will get their attention, I will send this petition to as many people and state offices including the FTC as possible. We can complain, whine, lawyer up, or whatever, etc but until there is at least an attempt to stop this fraud, these types of businesses will continue to exist. Personally, I'm not going to rest until something is done. If you agree, go to Change.Org and sign the petition. Get the word out, social media, phone, text, etc and hopefully we can get enough names on the petition that will serve notice to Summerwinds Resort that we as consumers are NOT going to take this without a fight. Thanks and Good luck to ALL of us.