Jun 24, 2007

We just bought at Stormy Point and are very pleased. The construction is still under way but is a great place to stay already. We bought one week in a 3 bedroom and it was an upgrade from the Cabins at Green Mountain which we also loved. The bar on site is great and the staff is super. We were told the restaurant will be serving this next week! I have to say I think we did well.

Stevie S.
Aug 01, 2007

We also bought at Stormypoint-did they mention anything about a sand beach and sailboat and pontoon rentals when you bought and a time table when they thought they would get them ?

Jason A.
Apr 12, 2008

We just bought at stormy point in Branson,MO . We wan to spend June 2/2008-June 6/2008 in Minneapolis MnI is something available there?

Glennis S.
May 19, 2008

glenniss We just bought at stormy point in Branson,MO . We wan to spend June 2/2008-June 6/2008 in Minneapolis MnI is something available there?[/ This doesn't answer your question, but you are the most recent post. We sit through the high pressure sales pitch this past weekend, visited the place and think that it is absolutely beautiful. I told them that I needed to do my due diligence and research them before my wife and I made a purchase. They were not pleased but we didn't care because we make it a practice not to make hasty decisions. Anyway, I found several complaints filed against the company with the AGO and BBB. How has your experience been thus far and have you tried to use the membership at other locations within and outside of the network?

Dee D.
Jun 18, 2008

deed42 glenniss We just bought at stormy point in Branson,MO . We wan to spend June 2/2008-June 6/2008 in Minneapolis MnI is something available there?[/ This doesn't answer your question, but you are the most recent post. We sit through the high pressure sales pitch this past weekend, visited the place and think that it is absolutely beautiful. I told them that I needed to do my due diligence and research them before my wife and I made a purchase. They were not pleased but we didn't care because we make it a practice not to make hasty decisions. Anyway, I found several complaints filed against the company with the AGO and BBB. How has your experience been thus far and have you tried to use the membership at other locations within and outside of the network?[/Q] Yes, we exchanged for a week in Tampa. With exchange fees, etc. it cost us an extra $450+. The problem was that we did the exchange on line. It looked like a nice place but was actually quite old.

Sandra B.
Oct 26, 2008

How is the beach and sailboat rentals going? I am also concerned about the complaints and bug problem. I penciled that they make about a million per unit before advertising and sales. I would like a walk through with an owner before purchasing. No saleman around. I agree no purchases at time of sales pressure..... Any thoughts?

Mark K.
Nov 13, 2008

markk105 wrote:
How is the beach and sailboat rentals going? I am also concerned about the complaints and bug problem. I penciled that they make about a million per unit before advertising and sales. I would like a walk through with an owner before purchasing. No saleman around. I agree no purchases at time of sales pressure..... Any thoughts?

We just came back from Stormy Point this week. We spent last week there and now they are pressuring you to convert your week to points, which they'll give you an extra week, all just for $3,400 or so. Of course, we were not interested. We asked about the beach and walk access to the Grove Resort below which was to be converted for our use. The story is that because of all the flooding this past year they can't get permission to do it and this is all on hold for now. Also, Festiva owns 88 cottages and Summer Winds, who now maintain the club house, owns 8 cottages and are building more. So now two resorts operate Stormy Point making it very confusing to us. It is a nice place to stay. Just wish we had been wiser and saved our money for pay as we go traveling.

Pat G.
Nov 13, 2008

patg54 wrote:
markk105 wrote:

We just came back from Stormy Point this week. We spent last week there and now they are pressuring you to convert your week to points, which they'll give you an extra week, all just for $3,400 or so. Of course, we were not interested. We asked about the beach and walk access to the Grove Resort below which was to be converted for our use. The story is that because of all the flooding this past year they can't get permission to do it and this is all on hold for now. Also, Festiva owns 88 cottages and Summer Winds, who now maintain the club house, owns 8 cottages and are building more. So now two resorts operate Stormy Point making it very confusing to us. It is a nice place to stay. Just wish we had been wiser and saved our money for pay as we go traveling.

I am a bit confused also. We got a phone call from a sales person from Stormy Point village to buy a vacation package. When it arrived in the mail, the terms of the deal did not match the phone agreement. WhenI tried to call to make my reservations, the phone number was no longer valid. Nice letterhead....

Mark K.
Feb 17, 2010

Stormy Point Village is one of the newest developments in the area. The timeshare there is actually a 2-3 bedroom HOME not the typical condo operations you see. All complaints thru the BBB and AG are reviewed by our company and handled in a timely manner.

Candi G.

Last edited by candig3 on Feb 22, 2010 07:52 AM

May 27, 2010

We have just newly purchased a Time Share at Stormy Point and already we are having problems scheduling. Don't believe what the salesman tell you it's not true. They told us to call and schedule asap so that time availability would not be a problem and now that we want to schedule for July the customer service person Floyd would not allow us to schedule until the middle of June for July. You can only schedule 30 days in advance and then if they have availiabity do you get your bonus week for the price quoted to us of $299.00 by the salesman. They could schedule us now for over $590.00 what a rip off, apparently they want to book as much as possible for more money and then let people in if they can't find anyone else for $299.00. They also did not tell us that this required a membership in the Interval Co. so that we can schedule weeks. Thats an extra charge of almost $100.00 for the year they never told us about. I wonder if a lawyer would appreciate this they are truly not being upfront with there sales tactics. This place Stormy Point I think is going to be a real rip off!

Jane H.
Jun 01, 2010

Wow, what a high pressure deal. Was not allowed to take any information home, would not give us a business card, would not tell us how many other owners there were per deed.

Was told the sales pitch would be 1 1/2 hours but it lasted all afternoon. One on one salesman with all the emotional digs to make it seem like you are a bad parent if you don't buy this for you and your children. Wanted 38,000 with 20% down with 19% interest.

Great way to spend your vacation huh. Then when we said, "no" they got "the closer" in and the prices started dropping drastically. Never had a clear idea about some of the stuff. I'm sure that if we would have done it, there would be a bunch of hidden costs - kinda of like the stuff I read in the earlier posts.

Run fast.

Jay F.

Last edited by jayf49 on Jun 01, 2010 08:02 AM

Jun 01, 2010

We purchased a time share in Stormy Point. We had grand plans of using our friends and family weeks when we were down on our boat. So far every time we've tried to use it we have either been notified of one of the confusing myriad of rules that always seem to prevent you from enjoying it, have not yet successfully booked a stay down there, or can't get Floyd in customer relations to call you back. This had been the most frustrating purchase I have ever made and regret every second of this. The friends and family weeks are a joke cause they only let you book 30 days in advance and they're always full. We were told during the sales pitch there is never a problem booking time and we don't recall being told the 30 days in advance rule. I just tried to book for the 4th of July and of course...it's full. I had a rep from Summer winds call for a follow up and vented on him regarding our very frustrating experience with Stormy Point. They are aware of some issues at Stormy Point is all I could get the guy to comment on. The cottages are great , great concept, piss poor execution. I agree...run...run as fast as you can.

Jeff D.
Aug 06, 2010

OMG! This has been the worst experiance of our lives. They lied to us in the presentation. We did not get what we were promised. Can't get anyone to call us back at the call center. We have sent a certified letter to Tony Hugghes and we can't get any reply back from him and he promised to help us get out of the contract. It has been over 2 months since I have personaly talked to Tony and he has left us in limbo. Because we were lied to we will never use this Time share because its not what we were told it was. So we waist money every month paying for it. Please if you have any question feel free to call me I would like to help anyone not make the same mistake we did! Sincerely, Anna Rairdon 509-954-3252

Anna R.
Aug 20, 2010

We also bought a timeshare at Stormy Point and found out very quickly just want you've stated. I tried to book a friends and family week and was told the same thing. I talked with Floyd and he said yes, you could book more than one month advance however the price went up accordingly. I did some research and found out they reserve a largre portion of these cottages for general tourists to rent. You can rent a 3 bedroom home for $189 per night several months in advance.

Thank heavens I tried to book the cottages within the 5 days recession period. We decided to back out of the timeshare and "finally" got our deposit back. We love the cottages and have booked the cottages in October as a tourist.

I agree....run....run...run. Timeshare owners aren't given the whole story when purchasing these cottages.

Carol H.
Sep 07, 2010

Carol, how did you back out? We have decided to do the same, and cannot get ahold of the company? We have until tomorrow to do so but if they won't answer their phones what can we do?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Jordan D.
Oct 08, 2010

I'm curious to know, those of you that have posted in 2010 about not receiving what you were told, were you previous timeshare owners or new to the timeshare concept?

It definitely takes some understanding of the system (regardless of what resort you buy with). I'm a current owner at Welk in San Diego, trying to decide if Stormy Point is a good idea. Although by the time I receive responses, it may be too late to change.

Thanks!

Maureen

Maureen C.
Nov 02, 2010

No, we don't own a timeshare, but it's pretty clear that information was not above board.

You don't win over a customer base either outright or through referrals using deception.

If I lie to you to get your business doesn't that raise red flags?

Jay F.
Nov 29, 2010

I do not want to sound vein by no means by saying this, but I am sooo glad we are not the only ones that are being called liars! My husband and I were told all lies from these people, this whole thing was a complete joke! I am in the same situation as you are. I am actually in the middle of typing up a letter right now to send in! Although, I do not think I will keep making payments because I want them to know what they did was completely sorry and it's not what we agreed on paying for! I have had it with this company and am so disgusted to know I have given them all this money for nothing but a phony contract!!!! ughhh

Amber M.
Dec 03, 2010

Have you filed a complaint with the Missouri attorney general? When we told them we would do that they gave us a refund and cancelled the contract even though we were outside the recission period. They lied to us about everything. The "salesman" we met with could more accurately be called a con man, a common criminal. Don't take no for an answer. Demand a full refund and that they tear up the contract. If they say they won't, then go to the attorney general, Branson district attorney, the FTC, BBB, etc.

M M.

Last edited by ritaa61 on Dec 03, 2010 08:08 PM

Mar 02, 2011

I also own a Stormy Point timeshare that have never been able to book time with. Can never get anyone on the phone and have been givin the runaround since day one. We have paid into it for over two years now and want out. Have you contacted BBB or Missouri Attorney General offices and gotten anywhere with them. If you have any info, could you email me at :dreamcruisin@hotmail.com-greatly appreciated!

Laura R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.