new units

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: new units (by Suzanne L.):

Hi, my husband and I bought a 4 bedroom lockout, sleeps 12, in 2001. This is a deeded annual red week 42.

The beauty of the 4 bedroom lockout is that you can trade this week as one large condo for 12 people to use one week a year.

OR use/ trade/bank the units separately as TWO separate weeks as 2 bdrm/2 bath, sleeps 6 units.

We have done the latter repeatedly. Never any problem with trading through Interval International wherever and whenever we have wanted to stay. We have traded easily to Hawaii, Florida, Arizona, Arkansas, Maine. We have never had any trouble trading.

You do sometimes have to wrap your mind around different trading possibilities. I looked for a year for a 2 bedrm / 2 bath week in Hawaii, so we could take my parents with us. I could have gone at any time if I had only realized that the timeshare resorts on Mauii and many other places are practically right next door to each other! Because I could have gotten two one bedroom condos any time. We would have had even more privacy with the added benefit of access to the amenities of both resorts, see?

By playing around on Hotwire, i got airfare down from $1,950 PER PERSON to $575 in February, on my Dad's Birthday and 4 of us completed the 9 day vacation in Mauii for $1,000 per person, ALL INCLUSIVE. That to me, as someone who is NOT RICH, is the beauty of timeshare ownership for vacations that would otherwise cost many thousands and be unattainable on our income.

Our maintenance fee yearly with taxes is $783. ONE WORD OF CAUTION: DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET BEHIND ON THE MAINTENANCE /TAXES FEE. If you do, Williamsburg Plantation has a collection agency that basically DOUBLES that amount due. OUCH!!!! The best way to do the maintenance fee/taxes is to add it to your monthly budget and pay it monthly at $67. I wish someone had advised me about that from the beginning , even though some may say."duh, of course." It's a learning game like anything else in life.

And speaking of learning - we aren't retired yet and one year I was looking at all our available weeks online on Interval International and said to my husband, "It's too bad we're not retired - we could stay in Florida this year for 4 weeks." Then it hit me that I could book my parents into Florida for the 4 weeks at 4 different resorts! (one each week) So I did and called them up and said "Happy Anniversary!" They were thrilled and had a great time.

There are many possibilities, some people rent their unused weeks out to pay fees, I've never done this yet.

Happy vacationing - We've had a lot of fun going to Disney, the Grand Canyon, Hawaii, etc. and have gifted / scheduled weeks with family. Saves a lot of money on eating out and hotels and I don't sleep well, so staying in hotels always put me in the position of being unable to sleep (in a hotel room while traveling). Can't do anything for fear of waking husband or whoever goes with us. But, with a condo restless sleepers can get up,go to the kitchen or living room and do whatever, cook, eat, watch TV or work, use Internet, etc.. without disturbing anyone.

Have fun!

cindyl119 wrote:
donaldh93 wrote:
shanielle1 wrote:
Hi yes we did stay and the units are almost the same but they did correct the bathroom arrangment.. thats a good thing .. that was horrible who ever thought of that layout , was not thinking at all

we are thinking of staying there, what was the issue?

my family stayed at williamsburg plantation this past week and we are thinking of purchasing a time share. a new one. do you own a timeshare there and have you had any trouble booking there or anywhere else. are you glad that you did this and would you recommend it.