Mar 03, 2007

We own a week in a Jamestown Villa timeshare Unit but have not stayed there yet, has anyone stay in one of these and how did you like it? Have they corrected the bathroom arrangement? Debra Tanner

Debra T.
Apr 01, 2007

Hi yes we did stay and the units are almost the same but they did correct the bathroom arrangment.. thats a good thing .. that was horrible who ever thought of that layout , was not thinking at all

Barbara D.
Jul 07, 2007

shanielle1 wrote:
Hi yes we did stay and the units are almost the same but they did correct the bathroom arrangment.. thats a good thing .. that was horrible who ever thought of that layout , was not thinking at all

we are thinking of staying there, what was the issue?

Donald H.
Aug 06, 2007

donaldh93 wrote:
shanielle1 wrote:

my family stayed at williamsburg plantation this past week and we are thinking of purchasing a time share. a new one. do you own a timeshare there and have you had any trouble booking there or anywhere else. are you glad that you did this and would you recommend it.

Cindy L.
Sep 24, 2007

cindyl119 wrote:
donaldh93 wrote:
shanielle1 wrote:

my family stayed at williamsburg plantation this past week and we are thinking of purchasing a time share. a new one. do you own a timeshare there and have you had any trouble booking there or anywhere else. are you glad that you did this and would you recommend it.

We just noticed this email. We stay at Williamsburg Plantation all the time and actually will be there Thanksgiving week. We are from MA and stay in Williamsburg a lot throughout the year and we really like Williamsburg Plantation the best. We own at Silverleaf in Lee, MA and trade our week from there to go to Williamsburg. The staff is wonderful and they have the best customer service ever. The new units are beautiful and it is very quiet.

Howard S.
Jan 08, 2008

deleted

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jan 08, 2008 07:13 AM

Mar 07, 2014

We own a two 2 bedroom units every year. The issue with the bathrooms was that the largest bedroom had 2 twin beds, and was located just inside the door to the right. ( In the unit we stayed in with our two 18 year old twin sons) That bedroom had an entrance for that bedroom into what we considered to be the very large master bathroom with deep jacuzzi and double sink with mirrors, shower stall etc. This bathroom also had a door leading into it from the hall. Because of the hall entrance Williamsburg designers and officials said this was the guest bedroom/bath - and that the smaller bedroom in the back of the unit with a safe in a small closet with a very small private entrance only bath was the master suite. Needless to say our twin boys took one look at their accommodations and said "sweet!" whereas my husband sat on our bed and said gloomily - "This sucks." PLUS for parents of young children - this meant the kids slept nearest to the door with access to a tub they could quickly drown in. I heard stories of Mothers sleeping on the couch so they could hear if their little ones got up at night. Guests complained and management ignored for a long time. Glad to hear they straightened this out!!We had vowed never to stay at our homeresort again if they didn't.

donaldh93 wrote:
shanielle1 wrote:

Suzanne L.
Mar 07, 2014

We bought an upper and lower two bedroom unit, sleeps 12 total or can book separately, every year. We haven't had any trouble trading it for red weeks wherever we wanted to go. Very glad we bought.

Suzanne L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 07, 2014 09:30 PM

Mar 27, 2014

Hi, my husband and I bought a 4 bedroom lockout, sleeps 12, in 2001. This is a deeded annual red week 42.

The beauty of the 4 bedroom lockout is that you can trade this week as one large condo for 12 people to use one week a year.

OR use/ trade/bank the units separately as TWO separate weeks as 2 bdrm/2 bath, sleeps 6 units.

We have done the latter repeatedly. Never any problem with trading through Interval International wherever and whenever we have wanted to stay. We have traded easily to Hawaii, Florida, Arizona, Arkansas, Maine. We have never had any trouble trading.

You do sometimes have to wrap your mind around different trading possibilities. I looked for a year for a 2 bedrm / 2 bath week in Hawaii, so we could take my parents with us. I could have gone at any time if I had only realized that the timeshare resorts on Mauii and many other places are practically right next door to each other! Because I could have gotten two one bedroom condos any time. We would have had even more privacy with the added benefit of access to the amenities of both resorts, see?

By playing around on Hotwire, i got airfare down from $1,950 PER PERSON to $575 in February, on my Dad's Birthday and 4 of us completed the 9 day vacation in Mauii for $1,000 per person, ALL INCLUSIVE. That to me, as someone who is NOT RICH, is the beauty of timeshare ownership for vacations that would otherwise cost many thousands and be unattainable on our income.

Our maintenance fee yearly with taxes is $783. ONE WORD OF CAUTION: DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET BEHIND ON THE MAINTENANCE /TAXES FEE. If you do, Williamsburg Plantation has a collection agency that basically DOUBLES that amount due. OUCH!!!! The best way to do the maintenance fee/taxes is to add it to your monthly budget and pay it monthly at $67. I wish someone had advised me about that from the beginning , even though some may say."duh, of course." It's a learning game like anything else in life.

And speaking of learning - we aren't retired yet and one year I was looking at all our available weeks online on Interval International and said to my husband, "It's too bad we're not retired - we could stay in Florida this year for 4 weeks." Then it hit me that I could book my parents into Florida for the 4 weeks at 4 different resorts! (one each week) So I did and called them up and said "Happy Anniversary!" They were thrilled and had a great time.

There are many possibilities, some people rent their unused weeks out to pay fees, I've never done this yet.

Happy vacationing - We've had a lot of fun going to Disney, the Grand Canyon, Hawaii, etc. and have gifted / scheduled weeks with family. Saves a lot of money on eating out and hotels and I don't sleep well, so staying in hotels always put me in the position of being unable to sleep (in a hotel room while traveling). Can't do anything for fear of waking husband or whoever goes with us. But, with a condo restless sleepers can get up,go to the kitchen or living room and do whatever, cook, eat, watch TV or work, use Internet, etc.. without disturbing anyone.

Have fun!

cindyl119 wrote:
donaldh93 wrote:
shanielle1 wrote:

Suzanne L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.