Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE (by Lance C.):

cindyp277 wrote:
My TS is paid off just pay MF's. I called Westgate told them I can no longer pay and will not pay anymore. The offered me a Quit Deed Claim but I have to pay up front the TAF fee which they did reduce. It has to be done by credit care, check over phone or debit card. Is this just a scam to get $ ? I am very skeptical, they will not send form until the fee is first processed. They will not accept check that is mailed.

This actually sounds legitimate if you actually contacted Westgate. Had you contacted some third party about this such as a law firm or a supposed timeshare cancellation company, then I would say avoid them.

This is pretty standard now for timeshare companies and resorts to take units back from owners. They usually require the mortgage to be paid off, the maintenance fees to be up to date, and often ask the owner to pay closing costs (about $250) plus the next maintenance fee.

If it is indeed Westgate that is offering to take the unit back and requiring that you pay the closing costs and maintenance fees upfront, I would suggest jumping at this idea. Most timeshare veterans would strongly suggest getting rid of anything Westgate if you can do so rather painlessly.

Again, make doubly sure that it is officially Westgate that you are in contact with and not some suspicious third party.