Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Selling my timeshare (by Scott S.):

Hey all. I've owned my timeshare for 20 years. I bought it in college, so it was the best unit, but one that I could afford at the time.

Over the years, my wife and I have enjoyed exchanges through Interval International but often missed out on getting a larger unit at nicer properties because of size of unit I own and also perhaps location of where I own.

I am attempting to sell my studio unit in the Poconos and considering using Redweek, but have no idea what to ask for selling price. Ad a side bar, we tentatively have purchased another timeshare in Poconos which is a larger unit(2br every other yr on points) that should allow us to vacation every year by splitting deposit time Interval as 2-1brs.

We need to sell our initial property to offset costs of new property. In this market is it likely and how much should we list unit for?

My resort agent conjured up the Name Cheryl Moats and I too am leary and considering other selling options.