Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Brokers... (by KC):

Many timeshares have little or no monetary value in the resale market; that's an unfortunate but truthful fact.

For people who have a timeshare that DOES have some resale market value, but who do not want to undertake the time and / or effort to sell it themselves, there are licensed timeshare resale brokers who take their commission ONLY from sale proceeds --- NO upfront money. Names and locations of such brokers can be found at LTRBA.com. I have no affiliation of any sort with that group, nor with anyone within it; I am merely pointing out its' existence as an organization of honest timeshare resale brokers.Personally, I have never used a broker as either buyer or seller in ANY resale timeshare transaction, but if I ever chose to do so I would not deal with any broker who is NOT a member of LTRBA.

That said, bear in mind that even LTRBA brokers require a minimum commission (often $1,500 -- $2,000 or a percentage of the final sale figure (whichever is greater). Accordingly, if they sell your timeshare for $1,500, you would receive absolutely nothing --- and SOMEONE will still have to pay closing costs and any resort-imposed transfer fee (hopefully the buyer). In my personal opinion, more often than not a selling owner is better off advertising for themselves --- or pursuing a "deedback" to the resort if they are desperate AND can accept the idea of giving back for free something for which they once likely paid good money.