OBBR OWNERS ONLY

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: OBBR OWNERS ONLY (by Avi I.):

1) So every time we booked, conveniently they've never had our dates available because they want to charge you something to accommodate your days (we are aware check ins are fri/sat/sun). So when you call in don't ask for your dates, ask for a flexible range of dates. We always had specific dates due to direct flights here are irregular. So we started asking them the wrong dates, then miraculously we would be offered our specific dates.

2) Why would Pearl NOT take back your paid weeks , you bought your weeks and now are walking away so they can turn around try sell your weeks, you just gave them free money. Don't be surprised. Be angry, you just got robbed in broad daylight. Imagine the nerve if they asked us to pay to walk away :-), wow would I lose my cool....

3) They tried to scam me two weeks, that I didn't use, which were supposed to be carried over the next year during their sales pitch. If I count all the yearly weeks I didn't use I think I'm owed about 6. Have to go and check my contract but I don't remember seeing it in contract. (Yes Im a moron for not checking any of what was promised was actually written in contract.) Lets face it, majority of us probably irresponsibly bought these units, being mesmerized by the beautify of oyster bay, but it doesn't give them the right to rip us off....

4) Who ever wants to sell, Ive done my research, its worth peanuts, let alone our comments here just drives the price down further.

5) Again this place is a scam, technically time shares are scams. How ever Ive heard of timeshares that actually increase in value.

6) They tried to charge me to send me a copy of my contract, I am willing to post my contract, if anyone wants to compare.

7) I know many of you are retired and mite not have the drive to do something about this place and the way they've turned such a place of beauty into such a money grab, I can't say I am surprised, I think this is what the world is now. I am willing to fight on our behalf, if there is one of us who is a lawyer, maybe we can do something about it. To many times its the lack of us "victims" not doing something about the injustices in life, that let the oppressors run free with our money. I paid over 30 k for mine, and it was my hard earned money. Obviously we all know this is St. Marteens, but Pearl is a US based company, Im sure they've "lawyered" up, but in western law u cannot conceal or misrepresent or induce someone into a contract, as that would impair their consent. So Im sure with all what I've read here we must have some grounds of some sort of claim or to balance this shift.

8) If there is a group already created, please post. If not I will set one up shortly, if I have no updates.

Hope to hear from all of you soon and try to get our hard earned moneys worth!