Oyster Bay Beach Resort

OBBR OWNERS ONLY

Dec 18, 2008

I am an owner and interested in being in touch with other owners about OBBR issues and the possibility of forming an owners association as several other Time Shares on SXM have. Our "rights" have none of the protections typically found for timeshares in the USA.

John M.
Jan 09, 2009

I would talk to you as I am also an owner at OBBR

Kathryn H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 09, 2009 03:37 PM

Jan 09, 2009

I will be at OBBR till the end of Jan 2009. I "stumbled" across your reply. RW did not notify me there had been a reply to my posting. Give it another go.

John M.
Jan 10, 2009

I'm an owner and would love to have discussions khahn142@aol.com

Kathryn H.
Jan 10, 2009

We have been owners since 2000. We love the resort but would like to communicate with other owners. Have not been since 2007,but will return 3/28/09-4/4/09. We are curious reguarding the condos that were built next to Busby's. How much beach do we have left? B & K Warwick,NY

Robert V.

Last edited by robert4268 on Jan 10, 2009 03:28 PM

Jan 10, 2009

The beach is still the same. But the Westin, or maybe the Radisson hotel is at the other end of the beach... some big chain...and it looks like a prison. Things in St. Martin are chaining...Just to much building/

Kathryn H.
Jan 11, 2009

I'd be happy to participate in an OBBR owners group. I have owned multiple weeks since 2000 and while I am pleased with the resort overall I was concerned with the new policy of selling fixed weeks and how that will impact those of us that own :floating" weeks. During our stay last year the timeshare sales people we trying to get owners to trade in their "floating" weeks for fixed weeks, with a considerable charge associated with the change!

In any event, having an owners group would be an excellent idea. Count me in.

Chuck M.
Jan 14, 2009

I am currently at the resort. I am sorry to say I do not like what I have learned. The top floor of the new units are all to be sold as condos @ a million$. The remaining units will be sold as FIXED weeks Studio 55K, 1BR 42K, 2BR (alock out) 55K. That is if you buy it the day of your "tour" if not he price is 35K, 47K, and 65K. They will give you "equity credit" towards the purchase. That is the amount you originally paid for the unit(s) would be credited towards your new purchase(s). You cannot for example apply what you paid for 3 weeks towards 1 week. Also the FIXED week option does not allow for splitting a week or an uprgrade.

They are also selling FIXED weeks in the older bldgs. You cannot make a multi-week reserervation more then 360 days in advance of your last week. Pity those who have 8,10,12 weeks.

A/C is no longer an option. It is compulsory!!!!!!!!!!!! Internet access is $10 a day with no refund if the power goes out for less then 8 hrs (common occurence) or $50/week.

Busby's has "confiscated" the beach in front of the great house. OBBR now has 26 umbrellas. The beach chairs all have towels on the by 8 am.

I will be gathering some more info. What ever happened to the idea that we ould ALL BE BENEFITTING with the addiitonal units?

John M.
Jan 14, 2009

Hello,hope thatyour weather is great!!! I am very,very disappointed with your experience and feel badly for you. Is Mrs.B's still renting or has she been banished as the last reports indicated. Has anyone pointed out to the staff at OBBR that if we belong to Interval or RBI we can and will trade our weeks and go elsewhere. They should also be aware that longtime owners have long since realized a profit by the fact that we have equalized our initial cost over 5+ years. Hope that you can at least enjoy your time in SXM. B&K Warwick,NY

Robert V.
Jan 14, 2009

I felt like I was in a housing project the last time I was there. They just keep building and building. I loved the little place...I guess it's all about money...

Kathryn H.
Mar 11, 2009

Hello, I am also an owner at obr. If you want to write to me please do at khahn142@aol.com as I never check my redweek e-mail

Kathryn H.
May 22, 2011

not fadmiliar with how this site works however i am an owner and have four timeshares with fixed weeks in the new building studios. I need to sell them because I have fallen ill can any one help me or give me some advice???

Theodore J.
Jul 05, 2011

theodorej8 wrote:
not fadmiliar with how this site works however i am an owner and have four timeshares with fixed weeks in the new building studios. I need to sell them because I have fallen ill can any one help me or give me some advice???

What weeks do you have? Are they all the same unit? What size unit? All the above make a big difference. Bigger the better, Jan, Feb,Mar prime. Last but not least location within the complex.

John M.
Nov 09, 2011

Would like to join this forum as I have been an owner since 2000. Please let me know next steps to join.

Thanks,

Bill F

William F.
Nov 09, 2011

Are there any who own in the Pavillion Bldg. It is beautiful. I would love to hear from owners who might like to rent. Have they started to remodel the units along the ocean?

Kathryn H.
Dec 27, 2011

Deleted

Steve H.

Last edited by steveh576 on Feb 17, 2012 07:04 AM

Dec 30, 2011

Please add me to the list. I too am a Obbr member..owner

Kathryn H.
Dec 31, 2011

The group has been 'closed' except thru personal contact with moderator. 2/17/2012

Steve H.

Last edited by steveh576 on Feb 17, 2012 07:04 AM

Jan 01, 2012

Please add us to your contact list for OBBR.Thanks,Happy New Year!

Robert V.
Jan 01, 2012

Message deleted 2/17/2012

Steve H.

Last edited by steveh576 on Feb 17, 2012 07:05 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.