New Owners

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

RE: owners (by NoOneYouKnow):

Assuming you are referring to my post where I said I know of only one legit timeshare exit attorney, it is the one who has his own "board" on www.timeshareforums.com.

For whatever reason, that site is not available right now. I can tell you that I have spoken to him by phone at length, and I know that once he reviews your case, he will tell tell you whether he can do anything or not. I don't know how to explain what he does, except to say that he gets you out of your contractual obligation by exerting his influence over your resort, not through any type of magical legal power.

If he takes on your case, and is successful, you pay him what is a fair amount, something around $1000, and if he is not, you don't pay him anything.

He is very old school, and reminisced about is time with the Kennedys, and stuff like that.

Beware that the following was posted 6 years ago, so I will not vouch for it. Post here if it works or not, but it is enough to head you in the right direction:

John Phillip Abrams WSBA Attorney #31068 Consumer Protection Attorney Timeshare Divestment Lawyer Timeshare Industry Legal Analyst and Author TheAbramsFirm.com – Owners Be Safe! TCPAA.org

So, good luck, and the next time you are offered something that is too good to be true, use you rescinsion period to confirm, or not confirm, that.

As for the reason I contacted him, the six or so weeks that our resorts were not willing to work with us on, through the passage of time, and diligent effort, I was able to take care of them on my own, by giving them away, and handling the "transfer" and "closing" myself.