Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marion Griffin, Thomas Verner are scammers (by Peter W.):

I was wondering, back at the beginning of October when our pair were arrested in Mineola TX, what was it that first brought them to the attention of the local police ?

Was it, maybe, a traffic offense, a smashed rear light, or a speeding ticket which alerted them ? Or was it some kind of tip-off.

So I asked my contact at the FDLE the question 'how come they were arrested in small town Texas ?" She has told me that it was all down to diligent, discreet and dedicated detective work by her cyber analyst and good old 'ears on the ground' locally !

You can imagine how, once the mention of Mineola TX came up on 'social media' it wouldn't take too long for the word to be put out locally for any sign of some Brits with funny accents in the middle of all those small town Texans ! Hell no !!

You would think that, if they really wanted to disappear somewhere in the USA, the family would have gone to somewhere with a lot more Brits around to blend in with than in small town Texas. Maybe LA for instance.

But a family with Essex Estuary accents in the midst of all those locals with stetson hats - they were bound to stand out ! So their address was easy to find and they got arrested soon after !!

Simples !! 😀