Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Renting of Timeshare (by David H.):

richeled wrote:
Dear David,

I read your postings on RedWeek.com and I wondered if you could tell us how to go about renting out our unit at the Kaanapali Beach Club. We have a 2 bd., floating week, floating unit each year. We would like to rent it out this year (2009) and I really don't know how to do this. Also, we have a week we can use at Poipu Point (also another former Embassy property) on Kauai. They didn't have a week for us on Maui because they didn't receive our reservation paperwork and so they gave us a week at the Poipu property. I think they deposited it in RCI; we haven't scheduled any date for use, but is has to be used this year (2009). Any info you can give us would be gratefully received!

Richele Duffy

Hi Richele, We sold our timeshare last year but I wanted to give you any help I can. You can register here on Redweek and list your timeshare rental with them. I check those if I am traveling to see if I can save a buck or two. I also suggest listing on craigslist or in your local paper. There are companies that will rent out your week for a profit. Redweek is the best bet though and then advertise that the details are here for prospective renters to see. If you have decent maintenance fees you can low ball the rental and basically recoup those fees. I hope this helps.

Cheers, Dave Williams