Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New points based Global Access and RCI points (by Cimarron S.):

garyb123 wrote:
bryanf3 wrote:
This is a new system they are implementaing as so many of us had trouble exchanging with RCI. However, I do not like their plan and wish we could all let them know so. There is a fee (I don't recall what) and there is a strong push for you to upgrade when transferring into their point system. However, I feel much less secure with their choices of what I can use my points on and chose not to change away from my week arrangement. They can not make you change, but will definitely work hard to do so. They also have discontinued our ability to use our week in trade for RCI points. A way to get us to use their program. I will not.

I also do not like their plan and have told the rep so. I'm not sure it went any further...but if we all joined, 2000 owners at $1995...that's nearly $4million dollars to be able to switch weeks with another owner. Some body is making a lot of money at the owner's expense. The other fact, when I purchased I was told that all the weeks were the same..Red. Now with the points system, suddenly there are several levels...and I'm at the bottom which doesn't make me want to switch real soon. I would like the ability to easily switch weeks with another owner without having to pay the RCI fee..and I think that is doable for a lot less the $4 million...especially if we still have to pay $20-40 ($40-$80 going both ways) and all they have to do is enter it on their computer.

Not very much business sense HUH? do you really think all the weeks have an equal demand?The computer system alone called timeshare ware cost over 4 million alone to add flexibility to owners who said they've lost weeks because of lack of flexibility in weeks system and still spend xtra on short getaways.