Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort - West Village

New points based Global Access and RCI points

Dec 09, 2006

Is it true that if you bought on the resale market, that orange lake will charge you aprox. $5,000.00 to convert your fixed week to points. I have been told this by the resort, was curious if any one has done so, and what the actual charge was that they incurred. Also what were you told Global Access points were good for.

Dorothy S.
Dec 10, 2006

i was told at first free then next time 1500.00

Steve C.
Dec 13, 2006

This is a new system they are implementaing as so many of us had trouble exchanging with RCI. However, I do not like their plan and wish we could all let them know so. There is a fee (I don't recall what) and there is a strong push for you to upgrade when transferring into their point system. However, I feel much less secure with their choices of what I can use my points on and chose not to change away from my week arrangement. They can not make you change, but will definitely work hard to do so. They also have discontinued our ability to use our week in trade for RCI points. A way to get us to use their program. I will not.

Bryan F.
Dec 14, 2006

bryanf3 wrote:
This is a new system they are implementaing as so many of us had trouble exchanging with RCI. However, I do not like their plan and wish we could all let them know so. There is a fee (I don't recall what) and there is a strong push for you to upgrade when transferring into their point system. However, I feel much less secure with their choices of what I can use my points on and chose not to change away from my week arrangement. They can not make you change, but will definitely work hard to do so. They also have discontinued our ability to use our week in trade for RCI points. A way to get us to use their program. I will not.
They have implemented their own customer service reps to deal with the internal exchanges first hand as they continue to add more Orange Lake resorts in other locations world wide .That is the 1st reason for Global Access the second is to add flexibility in the RCI exch system because all new resorts which are points resorts are only accessible by RCI members who own points and 3rd is to give peak week owners more value when trading because a peak 2b 2b @ OLCC is worth between 79,500 pts and 87,000 pts avg pt value @ Gold Crown Red week resort is 45,000 to 55,000 pts.The forth is to give owners other options in traveling than just a week at a resort.I own 3 weeks @ OLCC and just converted all 3 by doing one upgrade.If i hadn't upgraded there is a conversion of $1995 per week as of november when i was there and a $5000 fee if it wasn't purchased through the developer.

Cimarron S.
Dec 15, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
bryanf3 wrote:
They have implemented their own customer service reps to deal with the internal exchanges first hand as they continue to add more Orange Lake resorts in other locations world wide .That is the 1st reason for Global Access the second is to add flexibility in the RCI exch system because all new resorts which are points resorts are only accessible by RCI members who own points and 3rd is to give peak week owners more value when trading because a peak 2b 2b @ OLCC is worth between 79,500 pts and 87,000 pts avg pt value @ Gold Crown Red week resort is 45,000 to 55,000 pts.The forth is to give owners other options in traveling than just a week at a resort.I own 3 weeks @ OLCC and just converted all 3 by doing one upgrade.If i hadn't upgraded there is a conversion of $1995 per week as of november when i was there and a $5000 fee if it wasn't purchased through the developer.

Steve C.
Dec 15, 2006

nobody wants global keep up no

Steve C.
Dec 15, 2006

dorothys37 wrote:
Is it true that if you bought on the resale market, that orange lake will charge you aprox. $5,000.00 to convert your fixed week to points. I have been told this by the resort, was curious if any one has done so, and what the actual charge was that they incurred. Also what were you told Global Access points were good for.
leave as is trade weeks

Steve C.
Dec 15, 2006

bryanf3 wrote:

I also do not like their plan and have told the rep so. I'm not sure it went any further...but if we all joined, 2000 owners at $1995...that's nearly $4million dollars to be able to switch weeks with another owner. Some body is making a lot of money at the owner's expense. The other fact, when I purchased I was told that all the weeks were the same..Red. Now with the points system, suddenly there are several levels...and I'm at the bottom which doesn't make me want to switch real soon. I would like the ability to easily switch weeks with another owner without having to pay the RCI fee..and I think that is doable for a lot less the $4 million...especially if we still have to pay $20-40 ($40-$80 going both ways) and all they have to do is enter it on their computer.

Gary B.
Dec 15, 2006

garyb123 wrote:
bryanf3 wrote:

I also do not like their plan and have told the rep so. I'm not sure it went any further...but if we all joined, 2000 owners at $1995...that's nearly $4million dollars to be able to switch weeks with another owner. Some body is making a lot of money at the owner's expense. The other fact, when I purchased I was told that all the weeks were the same..Red. Now with the points system, suddenly there are several levels...and I'm at the bottom which doesn't make me want to switch real soon. I would like the ability to easily switch weeks with another owner without having to pay the RCI fee..and I think that is doable for a lot less the $4 million...especially if we still have to pay $20-40 ($40-$80 going both ways) and all they have to do is enter it on their computer.

Not very much business sense HUH? do you really think all the weeks have an equal demand?The computer system alone called timeshare ware cost over 4 million alone to add flexibility to owners who said they've lost weeks because of lack of flexibility in weeks system and still spend xtra on short getaways.

Cimarron S.
Dec 15, 2006

Not to mention there are already 2 new resorts that Orange Lake has bought to add to internal system so ther is more Quality options for owners who want more.YOU dont have to change anything.AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE FOR YOU YOU'VE GOT EXACTLY WHAT U PAID FOR!

Cimarron S.
Dec 18, 2006

dorothys37 wrote:
I bough direct from the resort but I was told by RCI that they don not have points weeks available it just week for week on the exchange market

Robert N.
Dec 18, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
bryanf3 wrote:

Not very much business sense HUH? do you really think all the weeks have an equal demand?The computer system alone called timeshare ware cost over 4 million alone to add flexibility to owners who said they've lost weeks because of lack of flexibility in weeks system and still spend xtra on short getaways.
Sounds like your the expert....but the $4 million (if it cost that much like you said) is going for a lot more then existing owners trades. Check out 'timeshare ware' website and you'll see that their software does sales, campaigns, inventory, commissions, and a whole lot more which is all unrelated to existing owner's trading capabilities. If what you're saying is true, Orange Lake purchased a whole new software system to run the company and are marketing it to existing owners as a benefit to them...rather then to future owners of the new buildings the company is building. PS....I haven't lost any weeks due to 'lack of flexibility' in the 'weeks' system. I would like more flexibility within the Orange Lake owner's system...not to pay for a whole new management software system.

Gary B.
Dec 19, 2006

bobnaz wrote:
dorothys37 wrote:
I bough direct from the resort but I was told by RCI that they don not have points weeks available it just week for week on the exchange market
DID u buy prior to 6/28/2006 if so it is weeks after that date its deeded weeks and pts.flexibilty with Global access and RCI. If u did buy prior to 6/28 you can convert or upgrade or add another week and get Global on existing weeks for free.

Cimarron S.
Dec 20, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
good so u understand why they added it because owners wanted more flexibility more options other than Orlando as well as other ways to enjoy vacationing.the more existing owners who join the bigger it will get and also the better it will get. All new owners pay to own with global access included in the price 18000 to 38000 and that will definately go up after the introductory year.Also look in your RCI book MARCUS GRAND @ LAKE GENEVA IS NOW ORANGE LAKE @ LAKE GENEVA WISCONSIN the old PLAYBOY CLUB OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO .ALSO A NEW AMAZING SKI RESORT IN VERMONT WAS JUST BOUGHT AS WELL AS A BEACH RESORT IN FLORIDA AL THIS IN THE FIRST YEAR JUST KEEP WAITING .ALSO DO YOU KNOW WEEKS MEMBERS CANT EXCHANGE INTO POINTS RESORTS 30% of the Rci exchange system . DO SOME RESEARCH AND THEN REPLY IM A VIP PREMIER MEMBER WITH GLOBAL ACCESS MY 3 WKS AND ONLY 3 MAINT> FEES CAN GET ME 6-8 WKS A YR OF VACATION How about yours? My internal exchanges are $25 and external anywhere in the world are $79 for 4 nghts or less or $99 for 5 nghts or more. Would u like more info
No, thankyou. I can see you're a great salesman with a narrow focus...who has also been sold a bill of goods. I own a one week bedroom at another resort which if traded in RCI points would allow me two weeks of high season in a two bedroom at Orange Lake. ( or three weeks of low season ). Like you said all for one week (acccording to your calculation) that appears to be four to six weeks at other places for one maintenance fee. The best part is that they only charge $20.00 for internal exchanges. So yes, it sounds like you're very happy...but coming from another resort and knowing what else is out there, Orange Lake's Global Access just doesn't measure up to justify its cost to present owners.

Gary B.
Dec 20, 2006

TOO BAD in a million years what u own couldnt get u into orange lake now or ever but nice try buddy keep trying and if u dont own @ the largest resort bordering disney then why look at what we are talking about thanks for your worthless point of view

Cimarron S.
Dec 20, 2006

also for your worthless collection of Orange Lake facts last year with RCI 58,000 owners deposited their weeks and paid a minimum exchange fee of $149 to $189 which adds up to a little more than 4 million and thats in just one year.@ $149 per exchange thats 8,642,000 !!!!! enjoy your old System and me and the current 20,000 owners who already have global will enjoy ours.By the way salespeople have helped 20,000 owners spend time with their family any time they want to not when their told to.BUT SINCE U LIKE BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO AND WHEN TO DO IT DONT GO TO ORANGE LAKE U WOULDNT LIKE IT ,TOO MANY HAPPY PEOPLE HAVING FUN ITS NOT FOR SYNICS LIKE U

Cimarron S.
Dec 20, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
TOO BAD in a million years what u own couldnt get u into orange lake now or ever but nice try buddy keep trying and if u dont own @ the largest resort bordering disney then why look at what we are talking about thanks for your worthless point of view
Sorry, one last time. Just an FYI...I am an owner at Orange Lake CC and am lucky enough to own other timeshares as well. This fact gives me the objective perception of what else is out there. Orange Lake is a beautiful place...just the offer the administration is making is, unfortunately, not in the best interest of the owners. They want to make a lot of money at our expense.

Gary B.
Dec 21, 2006

dorothys37 wrote:

I own a total of 3 weeks, 2 resales and the original that I bought from Orange Lake. In september I did the tour to find out more about points at that time they wanted $9,000 to change all my weeks to points, no upgrades. I personally think it is just a money grab and will not do it.

Estelle H.
Dec 21, 2006

In 25 years has Orange Lake or the Wilson family actually ,done anything detrimental to it's owner base or has every single thing they've done brought more value to Orange Lake and It's owner base.It cost 56 million to build River Island and that is a testiment alone to how great Global Access will become with time.I personally want to be a part of it now while it is very cheap in comparison to Disney points ,Hilton points ,Marriot points and all the rest.As well none of them can match Orange Lakes Property and amenities or Maintenance fees.Do some real research on what the points can do for its owners and what other Quality resorts charge for points and maintenance fees per point. If u choose to wait that is okay but inevitably just like all of rci or the newer, larger resorts are points or going to points u as an owner will eventually have to to have any flexibility or ability to trade. GOOD BYE hope u all have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year hope to see u all @ orange lake. Thanks it was fun P.S. Garyb try not to accumalate to many resales those maintenance fees are a bitc when thay go up and u have 4 or 5 of them! Remember 1wk in a 3b is worth 140,000 RCI points and only has 1 Maint fee but u can get 4 to 8 weeks out of it in the system.Pretty hard to deny how nice that is in the winter time when one to 2 months in florida only costs a total of 700 in maintenace and taxes if u had Global Access

Cimarron S.
Dec 21, 2006

Estelle ask a global access rep what 3 wks is worth in points and if it does make u a Premier VIP oWNER if so u get Guaranteed unit view any time of year any village on the resort any size unit even the new 5bed4bath penthouse in river island on the top floor and u can see all of disney and even Mount Everest looks like a Ski mountain with snow on it .Its nice stayed in it last week with 18 members of my family.Nice option to have and very few owners are at that Level so you hace no competition.Ask for Cimarron if u ever need any help upgrading for really cheap._________________ 1 upgrade converts all your weeks for free.

Cimarron S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.