Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Why doesn't somebody post (by Conny S.):

jeff1112 wrote:
connys wrote:
We were in the area in September and went by the resort. There was a locked fence around the parking lot and the resort looked abandoned. We were there for a week and went by twice and saw no workers. There was obvious damage. I went to a Fairfield representative at Royal Vista resort and she assured me that repairs were being done to get the resort up to hurricane code and that the resort would probably open in the fall of 2007.

I just received a "special assessment", 1st payment is over $700 due June 1st, the 2nd is due Sept. 1st. The letter states it is due because the resort was under insured. Is anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit against the Santa Barbara resort the association Board and Wyndham resorts, the management company? I will go it alone if I have too. We paid our normal assessments to insure our investments were secure. I believe I have been scammed. I paid a visit to the resort last December 06 and the was absolutely no progress then. Please email me if you are interested. jdss@hotmail.com Reply to This Message | Edit This Message

I just received my assessment billing yesterday and read all the details today. I can't believe they expect us all to pay so much. We already had an extra assessment in 2005. I feel like I have been scammed by someone and am pouring money into a money pit for which I have received very little for two years. I would like to know why we were underinsured when I have been paying my maintenance fees to this resort for 10 years. I believe the corporation owes to bring the resort up to hurricane code. They sold us the units, they built them initially. I would love to do something!