Club Wyndham Santa Barbara

Why doesn't somebody post

Dec 13, 2006

Any news about the resort being back in operation?

Dale M.
Dec 14, 2006

We were in the area in September and went by the resort. There was a locked fence around the parking lot and the resort looked abandoned. We were there for a week and went by twice and saw no workers. There was obvious damage. I went to a Fairfield representative at Royal Vista resort and she assured me that repairs were being done to get the resort up to hurricane code and that the resort would probably open in the fall of 2007.

Conny S.
May 10, 2007

connys wrote:
We were in the area in September and went by the resort. There was a locked fence around the parking lot and the resort looked abandoned. We were there for a week and went by twice and saw no workers. There was obvious damage. I went to a Fairfield representative at Royal Vista resort and she assured me that repairs were being done to get the resort up to hurricane code and that the resort would probably open in the fall of 2007.

I just received a "special assessment", 1st payment is over $700 due June 1st, the 2nd is due Sept. 1st. The letter states it is due because the resort was under insured. Is anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit against the Santa Barbara resort the association Board and Wyndham resorts, the management company? I will go it alone if I have too. We paid our normal assessments to insure our investments were secure. I believe I have been scammed. I paid a visit to the resort last December 06 and the was absolutely no progress then. Please email me if you are interested. jdss@hotmail.com Reply to This Message | Edit This Message

Jeff A.
May 13, 2007

jeff1112 wrote:
connys wrote:

I just received a "special assessment", 1st payment is over $700 due June 1st, the 2nd is due Sept. 1st. The letter states it is due because the resort was under insured. Is anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit against the Santa Barbara resort the association Board and Wyndham resorts, the management company? I will go it alone if I have too. We paid our normal assessments to insure our investments were secure. I believe I have been scammed. I paid a visit to the resort last December 06 and the was absolutely no progress then. Please email me if you are interested. jdss@hotmail.com Reply to This Message | Edit This Message

I just received my assessment billing yesterday and read all the details today. I can't believe they expect us all to pay so much. We already had an extra assessment in 2005. I feel like I have been scammed by someone and am pouring money into a money pit for which I have received very little for two years. I would like to know why we were underinsured when I have been paying my maintenance fees to this resort for 10 years. I believe the corporation owes to bring the resort up to hurricane code. They sold us the units, they built them initially. I would love to do something!

Conny S.
May 29, 2007

connys wrote:

For what its worth I visited the resort last week (May 2007) several times to inspect it whilst I was on holiday from the UK. This is what I found: - Every day I visited there were several people working at the resort, including some guys looking at plans near the front entrance. - All the balcony doors to the units appear to have been replaced but the external walls around them need to be made good. - Mirrors were being taken into the entrance area. - A new 'Wydhams' sign had been fitted near the top of the building. - Somebody from the local water utility company was just leaving the building. I spoke to him and he had been testing the water supply.

I also managed to speak to a young lady at Sea Garden Resort, who told me that they expected Santa Barbara to be open by Christmas this year at the latest. She confirmed my suspicion that the insurance company had taken a long time in paying out any money, but that this was now resolved. She also said that the local authority at Pompano Beach had been very difficult, delaying the issue of permits etc which hadn't help things. I also get the impression that all building projects (new and old) in the area are running late, probably due to skilled labour shortages. My feeling is that the resort will probably open some time this year. Just when is anybody's guess. If another big hurrican strikes, then this could potentially cause a further delay etc.

Personally I am disappointed at the speed of the repairs and the attitude which seems to exist towards the owners. When anyone is contacted for advice or information the lack of help or information provided cannot be coincidental. Its as if people have been told not to be helpful or a lot of lazy inefficient people are employed. I'll let you make your own minds up.

Hope that this was of some help!

Regards,

David W.

David W.
Jun 23, 2007

DID YOU KNOW? I am just starting to get involved with these important issues regarding the resort, non use of the same ,cont. to pay monies, not seeing results, being lied to,ETC> I went online with the Florida Department of State Divisions of Corporations ...I looked at the corporate filings of the "Santa Barbara Resort and Yacht Club Owners Association Inc." AND guess what the corp was reinstated in Feb of 2007 and was not active in 2005and 2006. They did not file the annual reports for those two years until Feb 2007. I started this research because I wanted to get the Board of directors and officers names and contact info. I suggest that you all do the same and make calls and write letters as I will also. Did we all get scammed with the Insurance because the corporate fillings were not active during the hurricane? If someone has any other info and updated past or present I would appreciate those sent to me at John@cabarethomes.com Today I also posted some of my other thoughtsin the maintence fees and other sections please read if you get a chance. I am fed up and want to take action.

John S.
Jun 30, 2007

johns218 wrote:
DID YOU KNOW? I am just starting to get involved with these important issues regarding the resort, non use of the same ,cont. to pay monies, not seeing results, being lied to,ETC> I went online with the Florida Department of State Divisions of Corporations ...I looked at the corporate filings of the "Santa Barbara Resort and Yacht Club Owners Association Inc." AND guess what the corp was reinstated in Feb of 2007 and was not active in 2005and 2006. They did not file the annual reports for those two years until Feb 2007. I started this research because I wanted to get the Board of directors and officers names and contact info. I suggest that you all do the same and make calls and write letters as I will also. Did we all get scammed with the Insurance because the corporate fillings were not active during the hurricane? If someone has any other info and updated past or present I would appreciate those sent to me at John@cabarethomes.com Today I also posted some of my other thoughtsin the maintence fees and other sections please read if you get a chance. I am fed up and want to take action.
WOW John.......you go......I have been trying to get info but it is slow coming. I have gone to the meetings held in Florida over the last two years. They finally are starting to replace all the windows and sliders. I too am very disappointed in the progress with the resort. The insurance redtape and hurricane excuse are getting old. I own 4 units at Santa Barbara and am very frustated at the expense involved here. With a large corp like Wyndham/Fairfield/Cendant, I can't believe that they are not powerful enough of an organization to move this along quicker. Any thoughts.

Julie H.
Jul 13, 2007

julieh156 wrote:
johns218 wrote:
WOW John.......you go......I have been trying to get info but it is slow coming. I have gone to the meetings held in Florida over the last two years. They finally are starting to replace all the windows and sliders. I too am very disappointed in the progress with the resort. The insurance redtape and hurricane excuse are getting old. I own 4 units at Santa Barbara and am very frustated at the expense involved here. With a large corp like Wyndham/Fairfield/Cendant, I can't believe that they are not powerful enough of an organization to move this along quicker. Any thoughts.

I have just spoken with an attorney from central Fla. It appears we have a serious issue here. PAY your assessments if possible or you will have more problems in relation to your credit if you are forclosed on. There are several steps we need to take to start to remedy this situation. We need to gather information so if we choose to have an attorney persue this matter he/she will have a good understanding of the suit. There is also the possibility of a criminal complaint for fraud. The attorney I spoke with feels there is most likely and at the very least a breech of the fiduciary agreement between the Association / Wyndhams and us the timeshare owners. If we want to pursue this we will first have to write a Demand Letter to the Association asking for a detailed accounting where the special assessment monies will be spent. We also need to get a copy of the insurance policy that was in effect when the hurricane struck the property. There is more info but I don't have time to write it down now. If you would like to get information on the Association registration go to www.sunbiz.org, the association was not registered for several years and we were being charged assessments by them, this is an issue!

IMPORTANT! If you cannot afford to pay these special assessments there is an option to ask the association to take your deed instead of forclosure and paying the special assessment fees. THIS IS JUST INFORMATION I RECIEVED FROM THE ATTORNEY. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PROPERTY IF YOU CAN WEATHER THE STORM. Here is the addresses to the association members, David Bremer, 2601 Palmaire Dr. N. Pompano Beach, Fl 33069 Rick Dingle, 1110 South Ocean Blvd. Pompamo Beach, Fl. 33062 Dan Walters 8427 South Park Circle, Suite 500. Orlando, Fla. 32819

If anyone would like to work on this please contact me. Jeff Andring 3081 Post Rd. Newport, Mi. 48166 734-586-8988

There is plenty of work to be done to enforce our property rights!!

Jeff A.
Oct 26, 2007

Now being billed for maintenance for 2008. We received the bill on 10/25/07 and it is due on 11/15/07. Do they think it is easy for us to come up with this money in such a short time? I will not recommend timeshare to anyone ever again. Run away as fast as possible. It is a money pit where you are trapped for life.

Conny S.
Dec 05, 2007

dale119 wrote:
We were trying to donate our timeshare to a charity and when they called Wyndham they were told that they did not have a difinite date which is contrary to what we were told that it would be Feb. 2008. What is going on with the Class action suit against this resort which we are paying dearly for? And who knows how we owners can ban together and put the resort up for sale and share the profits at least recover the many dollars we have paid into this resort?

Richard W.
Dec 05, 2007

jeff1112 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
johns218 wrote:

I have just spoken with an attorney from central Fla. It appears we have a serious issue here. PAY your assessments if possible or you will have more problems in relation to your credit if you are forclosed on. There are several steps we need to take to start to remedy this situation. We need to gather information so if we choose to have an attorney persue this matter he/she will have a good understanding of the suit. There is also the possibility of a criminal complaint for fraud. The attorney I spoke with feels there is most likely and at the very least a breech of the fiduciary agreement between the Association / Wyndhams and us the timeshare owners. If we want to pursue this we will first have to write a Demand Letter to the Association asking for a detailed accounting where the special assessment monies will be spent. We also need to get a copy of the insurance policy that was in effect when the hurricane struck the property. There is more info but I don't have time to write it down now. If you would like to get information on the Association registration go to www.sunbiz.org, the association was not registered for several years and we were being charged assessments by them, this is an issue!

IMPORTANT! If you cannot afford to pay these special assessments there is an option to ask the association to take your deed instead of forclosure and paying the special assessment fees. THIS IS JUST INFORMATION I RECIEVED FROM THE ATTORNEY. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PROPERTY IF YOU CAN WEATHER THE STORM. Here is the addresses to the association members, David Bremer, 2601 Palmaire Dr. N. Pompano Beach, Fl 33069 Rick Dingle, 1110 South Ocean Blvd. Pompamo Beach, Fl. 33062 Dan Walters 8427 South Park Circle, Suite 500. Orlando, Fla. 32819

If anyone would like to work on this please contact me. Jeff Andring 3081 Post Rd. Newport, Mi. 48166 734-586-8988

There is plenty of work to be done to enforce our property rights!!

We paid all of the assessments and the 2008 fees under protest. We are on a limited retirement and we can not afford to pay for this unit anymore. We are listing it for sale for almost nothing on several web sites and still trying to donate it once the resort opens. If we don't pay the fees, we have heard they can take our primary home, etc. Does anyone know if this is true? Our unit is paid for and they can have it back. But so far they say they do not do this.

Any news about the class action suit? Or if you know who can counsel us on how the owners can put the resort property up for sale and then share the profits? Also, I sent an e-mail asking Lew Gordon who is the pres. of our owners association about deeding back our deeded unit, plus some other questions. He finally has sent me an e-mail about three weeks ago stating it will take time to get my answers. Plus he said he has received several inquiries from other owners. Let's all keep after them until we get some answers. Please keep us in the loop and let us know what we can do legally to get our money out of this resort. Thank you for your effort to go forward. rpwhite

Richard W.

Last edited by richardw235 on Dec 05, 2007 01:36 PM

Oct 14, 2008

Anyone had any luck in deeding their units back.

Thanks Jim 804-873-9023

Jim T.
Oct 14, 2008

We used our week at the resort the third week in Sept. and it is very nice, but we still can't afford to keep it. We called to see if we could deed it back about 8 months ago and they said NO. A lawyer friend of ours suggested that our current lawyer call and talk to the homeowners president or someone at Wyndham who has authority and let them know we will deed back our paid up deed and pay the transfer fees. The reason is that sometimes the managing company will listen to a lawyer more than we owners. We think we may have it donated and will know for sure in about two weeks, and if so it will be out of our name. If anyone has been able to deed it back, please let us know how to do it. Our last resort is to just not pay the fees anymore, for this is not considered to hurt our credit due to it being paid for and a timeshare. I will write more about our donation process.

Richard W.
Oct 15, 2008

Thanks for letting us know about the donation. I checked with donateforacause and they said they wouldn't take it for donation.

Any other suggestions on deeding it back. If paid can we just file a quit claim deed and deliver? Will that hold legally?

Jim T.
Oct 15, 2008

How can we be sure this doesn't hurt credit if they file for collection. They had a collection agency attorney send me letters last year and I had to pay 07, 08 and assessment.

Jim 804-873-9023

Jim T.
Mar 17, 2009

A Loan Modification is a permanent change in one or more of the terms of a mortgagor's loan, allows the loan to be reinstated, and results in a payment the mortgagor can afford.

Question 1: In utilizing the Loan Modification option to bring an asset current, can the mortgagee include all fees and corporate advances?

Answer: Mortgagee Letter 2008-21 states in part: Legal fees and related foreclosure costs for work actually completed and applicable to the current default episode may be capitalized into the modified principal balance.

If you have more question about LOAN MODIFICATION simply visit the website http://www.usloanrecovery.com/cl

Clint G.
Mar 17, 2009

A Loan Modification is a permanent change in one or more of the terms of a mortgagor's loan, allows the loan to be reinstated, and results in a payment the mortgagor can afford.

Question 2: May a mortgagee perform an interior inspection of the property if they have concerns about property condition?

Answer: Yes, the mortgagee may conduct any review it deems necessary to verify that the property has no physical conditions which adversely impact the mortgagor's continued ability to support the modified mortgage payment.

If you have more question about LOAN MODIFICATION simply visit the website http://www.usloanrecovery.com/cl

Clint G.
Mar 17, 2009

Question 3: Can a mortgagee include late charges in the Loan Modification?

Answer: Mortgagee Letter 2008-21 states that accrued late charges should be waived by the mortgagee at the time of the Loan Modification.

Clint G.
Apr 08, 2009

We own at Santa Barabara and paid off the loan in 2004. We did not pay our 2007 , 2008 dues nor the two 2007 assessments. Mainly bcz why pay for something not available for use, right? The fees/penalties have been turned over to collection agency. So, I reached out to timeshare resales.net. They're a broker and explained only a RE agent can sell timeshare. Already got scammed yrs back with one of those advertising agents that only post your property and that's it. Lost $400. I think resales.net is scamming too bcz they ask for a deed copy + APPRAISAL. The appraisal avgs $600. Sounds like a flim flam to me.

We haven't paid our fees for 2 yrs bcz we didn't think the prop was open for use. Plus, I felt like SB prob got insurance $ + state funds + gov relief, and should have opened much sooner. At this point, we just want to sell it, but in this economy that seems impossible. Did anything happen with the class action suit, bcz it sounds like SB practiced fraud in the past 5 yrs. Not looking to get rich, just want out and some return for all the money I've put into it over the last 10+ yrs. HELP

Maureen A.
Jun 26, 2013

A posting for 6 years? You just lost ALL of my INTEREST!

dale119 wrote:

Jack F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 26, 2013 12:19 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.