Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Make Casa Ybel pet friendly (by Rand B.):

ira10 wrote:
Hi,

We own 4 weeks at Casa and have pets as well. But I don't agree with you. I would not like it is there were dogs/cats in my room. Even if you are a responsible pet owner, animals have accidents, especially when they are confronted with new surroundings. The carpet or funiture could be stained, etc. People might want to bring cats for examle. Some of us are allergic to cats.

It would be hard to keep the units clean smelling if pets were allowed. Period. We own over 35 weeks of timeshares, all in upscale resorts, and pets are not allowed in any of them.

I know people think of Casa Ybel as their home away from home, that's why we purchased there. But, it's like any other resort and pets are just not allowed.

If you want to bring your pets, you'll have to buy full ownership somewhere I guess.

Anway, that's my opinion, sorry! Beth

As 40 million + of the traveling public own pets (and you will note that I specified dogs under 25 lbs for inclusion in a pet friendly environment), I am sure that I am not the only owner who would like for Casa Ybel to change their unfriendly pet rules. There are many time share resorts in the US and in Europe that are pet friendly. We are accustomed to paying a nonrefunable pet deposit to cover whatever rules are in place for the ability to take our pet along. We train our dogs to a crate and to travel with us. Any "accidents" that occur are due to the negligence of the pet owner and not to the dog.

We will have to agree to disagree. Sorry!

RandB