Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Canadian Timeshare - Have you sold one -- How? (by Pat C.):

jayjay wrote:
You must price it at an amount that will garner interest from the market (buyer), no matter what you may have paid initially for your timeshare. Resales typically sell for 1/3 to 1/4 of developer costs.... that is IF your timeshare week and/or season is marketable at all (supply and demand rules in the world of timesharing). Keep dropping your price until you start getting emails or interest in your timeshare.

megy wrote:
I have tried numerous ways to sell my Canadian Timeshare. Is there anyone who has some helpful solutions?

Hi there. Finally, someone from Canada interested in selling a time share. I too am finding it very difficult to even find much info on Canadian Timeshares. I did register with Redweek, it cost 90.00 odd dollars u.s. which was a little more than I had expected. As I had to become a member, pay for a little ad to come up first for 1 week, etc.etc. Of course nothing has happened,,but not enough time has passed. I own at Georgian Manor Golf and Country Club in Collingwood. Same thing, high pressure sales, blah, blah. A company named Rapid Resales has been doggin me to sign up with them. Only 799.00 Canadian and they will literally grab the people off the streets before they get to any of the Collingwood timeshare sales pitches!! Yeah, right. I have contacted a real estate agent in Collingwood and he is going to try to find out some more info as to what is my best option.

Do share what you learn from the Real Estate Agent. I have tried in the Toronto region and no one wants to touch it. I guess being in the region that the timeshare is in, it will help.

I find that reading each site for timeshare sales, they really help the USA economy, and never really talk about other countries such as Canada, so that it promotes interest for timeshares here.

Just think we have so much to offer, 4 seasons, especially in Ontario, we have Niagara Falls, the CN Tower, the Rogers Center, and beautiful parks. There is so much to do here with an Ontario Timeshare, but I guess we will really never get recognized.

What can we do as CDN timeshare holders to promote on this or any other site

Good luck if you get your sold, and if you do, remember to come back and let us know what happened, and what you did to get it sold.

As for Rapid Resale -- I too have looked at this company, but I have been burnt once by a company like this, and I am very caucious. The same people worked at the Carriage Hill Resort and were not all together truthful. I have spent time speaking with Rapid -- but no -- not going to get my monies