Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: FILING COMPLAINTS CONCERNING TIMESHARE RIPOFFS (by R P.):

travelbug wrote:
Los Cabos Golf Resort - My husband and I recently bought a timeshare at this resort. We were NOT told there was a grace period. There was nothing in the contracts anywhere alerting us to the grace period. Now, here is the interesting part. I ASKED the TimeShare Manager if there was a grace period and was told no. I asked what would happen if one wanted to cancel their contract at a later date and was told there would be no problem. We would get our deposit back. Well, after returning home and deciding we were hasty, I tried to cancel it and was told no. It has been three months battling back and forth with the Arizona based head office and I have finally been told that they will let us out of our contract, but we will not receive any of the deposit back. Between the deposit and the closing fees, it is $4,000.00. Of course, the two individuals we had dealt with at the resort, are no longer there. Any advice?

As with my advice to the poster above yours, it's Mexican law that a buyer has 5 days to rescind and it is mandatory that be in your written contact. Have you gotten in touch with Profeco? It doesn't matter what inidividual you dealt with at the reosrt, the resort is still responsible. Don't give up ..... there have been numerous complaints lately about this same problem with Mexico resorts.