New Owners

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New Owners (by Linda S.):

I was one of the few lucky ones. I did get my money back from them, and I had a similar situation. I took one of those promo trips to Branson. I owned a Wyndham timeshare and was not satisfied with it, that's how they reeled me in. It is illegal to LIE to make a sale in the state of Missouri. I would keep after them, send a letter to Floyd Elliott and Pat Joyce. Go to RSI's website and take a look at ALL the property listings, they are YEARS old on that list. Try to be specific about what you were lied to about. I would not bother listing all the petty things like whisking the kids away or the presentation lasting longer than it should. One of the BIG things they lied to you about is getting $12,900 for your first timeshare. Timeshares sell on eBay for a dollar, even at hot locations like WIS Dells. One dollar! I watched the sale, and printed it out. As far as not getting your pontoon or 3 BR condo... it always says 'based on availability' in the fine print, so again, I wouldn't bother with the petty stuff. They have their butts covered on a lot of those issues. Pick out one or two of the most bold faced lies and roll with that. Good luck to you. I am sure it was with the help of fellow posts on this forum that I was able to get my point across and was able to get my money back. My big issue was that I was ASSURED that my other timeshare would sell, for $18,000 would you believe!!! I told them that I was still making payments on that loan and could not afford payments on both for long. After I was near the brink of bankruptcy, Floyd and Pat finally agreed to refund my money. Good luck to you. I wish I could broadcast to people early enough to JUST DONT DO IT! Get your money back within the first 5-7 days!