New Owners

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New Owners (by Mitchell M.):

I have not "lawyered up" yet but agree with you on the class action. I sent info both online and via letter to the AG (Josh Hawley at the time) and they didn't seem interested. I have talked at length to staff at SummerWinds/ Stormy Point and they are very vague as to the documentation of the decision to make a special assessment. There is nothing in the March minutes or the 2018 Reserve Account Report regarding the need for this.

I talked in person to Joyce and he remains vague as well. He only stated that he would get the Reserve Account on the web portal. It was already there (though he was apparently unaware of this) and the report states that "reserves are adequate" (though admittedly the numbers don't look that good to this non-accountant). See my prior notes regarding this. It seems that now that people are realizing that the "Special Assessment" is NOT the "Annual Maintenance Fee" there is some obvious concern. It seems suspicious that the Assessment billing came out before the Maintenance Fee billing and after the usual early October Maintenance billing. I believe this was by design so as to confuse the owners. I have not sent a letter to get them to clarify and document all of this, but perhaps one sent through an attorney would be a good start. Please continue to update on these pages for all to follow.

ottob3 wrote:
My wife and I feel that a Class Action Lawsuit is the only way to get this special assessment issue resolved. We have not paid it yet and do not intend to. I am sure a lot of owners would join into this course of action.