New Owners

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New Owners (by Mary A.):

We went to a timeshare presentation at Stormy Point with no intention of buying. We were charmed by a sales man and loved the property. However, did not see the fitness room, restaurant or marina. The sales person and the senior manager worked as a well oiled team and from a $38,000 price tag came down to $9,900. Cause guess what, someone wanted to trade their two bedroom to a four and that just opened up. A three year maintenance fee of $599 that if you didn't use the property you would receive $499.00 back. Also a $9,000 VIP membership was included at no extra cost that provided unlimited use for just $399.00 a week. If you wanted to go else where you didn't have to call interval but their VIP travel program. It was made to seem we were getting a really good deal. There was a lot of insincere, excessive flattery, fist pumps and high fives. Only to find out that that is what everyone was offered. My husband questioned about any extra assessment fees? Their reply was "all in the maintenance fee." We signed but I asked the sales person about the rescission period and he said 5 days, but "please don't because you will have wasted my time." Hey what about our time we spent 4 hours. We signed but afterwards had a sick feeling. I got on the this site and OMG!!!! Found the BBB gave them a F. We rescinded the next day. I called my American Express and disputed the charge. Went through the procedure sending a certified letter and the promotion binder back. Received a letter from Summer Winds stating that "Please keep in mind that the funds received must go through the escrow process. Your refund will be administered no later than sixty (60) days from the postmarked date of cancellation, as mandated by Missouri State Law." However, since I immediately disputed that credit card charge, the credit card company credited my account 10 days later.