Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Purchasing a Marriot Vacation Club timeshare (by Candice and John M.):

catherine412 wrote:
Hi, I do own some Fairfield timeshares., I have been recently discussing a purchase of one week in the Marriott Vacation Club. I am just wondering about anyone's experience either with the purchase process, or about the vacation club itself. They are obviously very nice resorts. I am being told that if you don't use a resort in a give year you can gain Marriott Rewards points which might work for me as I still work and can't always get away.

I have not considered resale on this, I know that they are out there. Appreciate any comments. Thanks

Cathy in CT

Hi Cathy,

We have been owners at the Maui Ocean Club in Maui for 6 yrs now and have been very pleased with our purchase. We just purchased a 4th week there. We have the 2BR which gives us the lock-off option and have deposited several units into Int. Int. which has allowed us to take many trips...Southern CA, FL, Maine, SC, Aruba, Cabo, in addition to spending time in Maui....our favorite place. If you like Hawaii I would recommend having that be your "home resort" when you make your purchase as it can be hard to trade into there if you purchase somewhere else. Our sales rep is Don Archer at the Maui Ocean Club..he is excellent! Your best bet might be a stay and going to one of the sales meetings. You are not obligated and can get lots of info. Aloha, mccabin