Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Westgate Property Owners (by R P.):

karenw150 wrote:
But what is really annoying is that the original week we purchased was in June. As we cannot usually travel in June and did not realise at the time that the 'small admin fee' for exchanging was actually quite large, we asked if we could permanently swap it for the November week. So they let us do a straight swap. Now that I know more about timesharing I feel very embarrassed about that mistake!!

We owned a mid October week in Orlando. We could have bought a bright red summer week, but we wanted to buy when we wanted to go there (in the fall with less crowds, less heat and less humidity), so if you bought mainly to use in November I wouldn't worry about the color designation.

Fall is a great time to go to Orlando .... we were there the week before Thanksgiving last year and the weather was absolutely wonderful and it's usually consistent unless a hurricane is brewing.

Also, we received some really good trades with our off red October week. I know everyone tells you to buy a bright red week since kids are out of school and they are deemed the most popular weeks, but many of the 79 million U.S. babyboomers who are of retirement age, or becoming retirement age soon, prefer to go to Florida when it's not so crowded and hot. The heat and humidity of a Florida summer can be miserable and stifling. I believe off season travel preferences will reflect those 79 million retiring babyboomers in the future.