Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: SHERATON VISTANA RESORT STAYING AT THE COURT AREA (by Marilyn J.):

We have exchanged our RCI week for a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the 2nd week of January 2008. I have been told by the resort that we are staying in a 2 bedroom unit in the Falls section (which I understand is one of the older sections). The resort tells me that the units have been recently renovated. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what this section of the resort is like. We are a family of four coming for a vacation from Canada. The resort also tells me that if I want to change Villa's I need to contact RCI and not the resort (which does not make sense to me). Any help, input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul

I was wondering if you did stay at the falls and if you could be as kind as telling me about it as I am thinking about an exchange. Mike

Hi Mike, We did stay at the Falls starting the week of Jan 6th,2008 (Unit #314, 2nd floor). The unit was very spacious and clean. The master had a king bed and the 2nd bedroom had two single beds which was great for our two daughters. The unit appeared to have been built in the late 70's or early 80's and had some changes made to it (new carpets, paint) but the kitchen cabinets and bathroom fixtures were origninal (but in decent shape).The beds were relatively new and comfortable The only problem we encountered was seeing a significant number of small ants. I believe I have seen this problem posted elsewhere. They were mostly coming out of the light switches. It was not terrible but a bit disgusting. The resort was beautiful and I can say I covered most of it because my wife and I are marathon runners and we ran all of the grounds. We felt extremely safe within the Resort. The back of the unit (included screened in deck) looked out on to a little pond with a small 'fall' (thus the name) in the middle of the pond. It was very scenic and extremely quiet. Each unit is part of a four-plex, with 2 ground units and two units on the top of each of the ground units. The newer complexes in the Resort are much larger and are built like multi-unit town homes. We used the pools (very nice and warm) the two days that we relaxed and did not go to WDW. We swam in the 'Fountains' area pool which is on the other side of the Resort because it was a nice large pool in the newer area of the Resort. You are allowed to use any of the facilites, in any section, in the Resort. The resort is extremely close to WDW (especially Epcot) maybe 5-15 minutes away, depending on which park. We really enjoyed our stay at the Vistana and the sunny weather and temps in the high 70's certainly helped :) If you have any other questions please reply and I will try and answer them.