Sheraton Vistana Resort

SHERATON VISTANA RESORT STAYING AT THE COURT AREA

Sep 20, 2007

WE ARE STAYING IN THE COURTS. DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IA A BAD AREA TO STAY AT. WE WENT THRU RCI. WE ARE GOING 10/6/7. DOES ANYONE THINK I NEED TO CHANGE MY LODGING? iT WOULD BE MY DAUGHTER, HER HUSBAN AND TWO CHILDREN PLUS MY HUSBAN. i DON'T WANT TO STAY IN A PLACE THAT WOULD BE HELL THANKS RITA

Rita M.
Sep 21, 2007

ritam70 wrote:
WE ARE STAYING IN THE COURTS. DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IA A BAD AREA TO STAY AT. WE WENT THRU RCI. WE ARE GOING 10/6/7. DOES ANYONE THINK I NEED TO CHANGE MY LODGING? iT WOULD BE MY DAUGHTER, HER HUSBAN AND TWO CHILDREN PLUS MY HUSBAN. i DON'T WANT TO STAY IN A PLACE THAT WOULD BE HELL THANKS RITA
Cascades & the Spas are the newer places to stay in the Vistana, as far as I know. The resort is still very nice, it could be that the Courts is one of the older areas and the rooms may not be decorated as nice and may not wear as well

Francis R.
Sep 25, 2007

The resort was constructed over a 20-year period in different phases.

The phases are the 1.Courts (the oldest), 2.Falls, 3.Spa, 4.Palms, 5.Springs, 6.Fountains, 7.Fountains II, 8.Lakes and 9.Cascades (the newest).

Mirta L.
Oct 15, 2007

yes the courts are the oldest units in Vistana, they were origanally biuld as an independant town house complex---then as vistana expanded, they were purchased and consummed by vistana, they have however been regularly upgraded in line with all other vistana areas, I have owned the courts for about 10 years and they are some of the largest units especially the upstairs units since they have extra rooms in the attic as i recall i do not presently own vistana but my family have always have very plesent stays there--i live in canada and any trip to florida vistana is my first choice to stay security is number one and you should enjoy your time there

bernard R

Bernard R.
Dec 25, 2007

We have exchanged our RCI week for a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the 2nd week of January 2008. I have been told by the resort that we are staying in a 2 bedroom unit in the Falls section (which I understand is one of the older sections). The resort tells me that the units have been recently renovated. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what this section of the resort is like. We are a family of four coming for a vacation from Canada. The resort also tells me that if I want to change Villa's I need to contact RCI and not the resort (which does not make sense to me). Any help, input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Marilyn J.
Jan 23, 2008

marilynj28 wrote:
We have exchanged our RCI week for a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the 2nd week of January 2008. I have been told by the resort that we are staying in a 2 bedroom unit in the Falls section (which I understand is one of the older sections). The resort tells me that the units have been recently renovated. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what this section of the resort is like. We are a family of four coming for a vacation from Canada. The resort also tells me that if I want to change Villa's I need to contact RCI and not the resort (which does not make sense to me). Any help, input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul

I was wondering if you did stay at the falls and if you could be as kind as telling me about it as I am thinking about an exchange. Mike

Michael M.
Jan 26, 2008

meadors wrote:
marilynj28 wrote:

I was wondering if you did stay at the falls and if you could be as kind as telling me about it as I am thinking about an exchange. Mike

Marilyn J.
Jan 26, 2008

Hi Mike, We did stay at the Falls starting the week of Jan 6th,2008 (Unit #314, 2nd floor). The unit was very spacious and clean. The master had a king bed and the 2nd bedroom had two single beds which was great for our two daughters. The unit appeared to have been built in the late 70's or early 80's and had some changes made to it (new carpets, paint) but the kitchen cabinets and bathroom fixtures were origninal (but in decent shape).The beds were relatively new and comfortable The only problem we encountered was seeing a significant number of small ants. I believe I have seen this problem posted elsewhere. They were mostly coming out of the light switches. It was not terrible but a bit disgusting. The resort was beautiful and I can say I covered most of it because my wife and I are marathon runners and we ran all of the grounds. We felt extremely safe within the Resort. The back of the unit (included screened in deck) looked out on to a little pond with a small 'fall' (thus the name) in the middle of the pond. It was very scenic and extremely quiet. Each unit is part of a four-plex, with 2 ground units and two units on the top of each of the ground units. The newer complexes in the Resort are much larger and are built like multi-unit town homes. We used the pools (very nice and warm) the two days that we relaxed and did not go to WDW. We swam in the 'Fountains' area pool which is on the other side of the Resort because it was a nice large pool in the newer area of the Resort. You are allowed to use any of the facilites, in any section, in the Resort. The resort is extremely close to WDW (especially Epcot) maybe 5-15 minutes away, depending on which park. We really enjoyed our stay at the Vistana and the sunny weather and temps in the high 70's certainly helped :) If you have any other questions please reply and I will try and answer them.

Marilyn J.
Jan 26, 2008

Was wondering if anyone has recently stayed in the courts section, we have been booked there thru Interval and are quite nervous after reading about it. I know the resort is undergoing renovations, and was wondering if this area has been done. Apparently we are in unit 0009? Any help or info about this area is appreciated

Deborah L.
Feb 01, 2008

ritam70 wrote:
sheraton is beautiful

Roslyn F.
Feb 19, 2008

Well , staying in the Courts would not be my first choice. It is definetely old and many rooms can be very mouldy. Who did you book this thru?? We own at the Cascades and the Lakes 3 of them and we always book our accomodations thru Starwood or RCI on the phone as RCI they will tell you what unit you are in and the unit # as well. If booking from other websites always before you book make sure that you know what area of the resort you will be in.This resort is beautiful and offers so much. Its one of the top places to stay you don't even have to leave it . Can you call II and ask to change your room?

Bonnie A.

Last edited by bonniea16 on Feb 19, 2008 05:35 AM

Feb 19, 2008

We booked thru RCI, purchased a week from someone. Do I call Sheraton or RCI to make change? My sister is staying in the Fountains section which I am not familiar with either and another member of our group is in Cascades. Thank you for your help.

Deborah L.
Feb 20, 2008

deborah403 wrote:
We booked thru RCI, purchased a week from someone. Do I call Sheraton or RCI to make change? My sister is staying in the Fountains section which I am not familiar with either and another member of our group is in Cascades. Thank you for your help.
If I understand you correctly, you are wanting a change in location and only the RCI people or the Place your staying can maybe help. Try them both. I hope this helps.

Michael M.
Feb 21, 2008

meadors wrote:
deborah403 wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you are wanting a change in location and only the RCI people or the Place your staying can maybe help. Try them both. I hope this helps.

Deborah L.
Feb 21, 2008

Yes I am looking to get out of the courts section, my sister is in the fountains, which I hope is nice, sheraton says they do not get the confirmation from interval or rci until 30 days before so I guess I will have to check with the exchange companies, thank you for your help

Deborah L.
Mar 22, 2008

I will be traveling soon and have found out that my two units are in the Falls Section. One of the units is #317 . Since I will be traveling with my 92 year old mother and three year old grandchild and other members of my family, i was wondering how accessible this will be for my mother. the unit is on the ground floor so that is a plus. I had hoped for the newer section but since it is a busy week i think i will probably have to stay in the Falls - any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeanne

Jeanne R.
Mar 23, 2008

jeanner30 wrote:
I will be traveling soon and have found out that my two units are in the Falls Section. One of the units is #317 . Since I will be traveling with my 92 year old mother and three year old grandchild and other members of my family, i was wondering how accessible this will be for my mother. the unit is on the ground floor so that is a plus. I had hoped for the newer section but since it is a busy week i think i will probably have to stay in the Falls - any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeanne

Who did you book thru, wondering how you know where exactly you are staying? When is your trip? I had been told by Sheraton that reservations made by both interval and rci do not show up until one month prior to your visit. I wanted to request an area and they told me my reservation is not shown. My sister in law traveled to Vistana is November with my 86 year old mother in law who does use a wheelchair, they stayed in the Lakes Section and loved it. I have read that if you have special needs that you can call about one month before and make these requests. Good luck enjoy your trip

Deborah L.
Apr 17, 2008

jeanner30 wrote:

Thanks, Jeanne

Jeanne:

I have owed at Vistana for about 15 years (Spa) unit. The place is beautiful and so close to everything I think you will enjoy it. If, after you have checked in-- but before you move in, you find that the accomodations do not suite you Mother's condition, go back to registration desk and explain the problem and they will most likely move you with no additional cost or fuss--they have done it for us on several occasions. Try to arrive as early as possible. If you need any additional information let me know.

Ginnie G.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 17, 2008 03:30 PM

Apr 18, 2008

Have just spent a week at this resort, was worried from all the negatives. WOW, we enjoyed everything it has beautiful grounds, pools and our room was wonderful. We had 7 in our unit and it was more than adequate. We had lots of daily excursions but the granchildren totally enjoyed the pools. We have stayed at lots of resorts and I was so impressed. I used the online site to do all the registering and requested the cascades. We arrived at 12:00 and gave them our credit information. Then we walked the grounds came back just before 2:00, got in the red carpet line for keys. We were about 5 minutes and received early access in a ground floor unit in the Cascades close to the playground for the kids and the Cascades pool. We had a few messages from timeshare sales but ignored them. They had good prices on WDW passes right there and we had our passes [from the internet site that we printed at home] to a week of Seaworld and Busch Gardens through the Seaworld website- $89 for unlimited use for a week at both. If you don't love the resort I will be surprised. Can't tell you about the Court area but wherever you are there I'm sure is more than acceptable.

Linda B.
Sep 15, 2008

I will be traveling in june of 09 can any one tell me the best one to stay in i here the cascades is the best

Kim S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.