Crazy prices

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Crazy prices (by K. K.):

I had a long talk with a vistana rep about options. Hmmm. Purchase a dedicated unit assigned to dedicated week dedicated unit not assigned, but floating floating unit but assigned to a specific week floating unit not assigned but floating time as well

Purchase from a private owner in a private transaction from the vistanas home owners association which has periodic resales. directly from Starwood

if you like the week and the unit location, you know exactly what you'll be getting and where you'll be each time you go. They cannot randomly assign you something else which may be inferior in size or location. If you decide not to use the week you can try to rent yourself or exchange in RCI or Interval type groups (membership required) If you buy through starwood you will be enrolled in their program giving you access to their 19 properties. You will also pay a membership fee for the priviledge (about 134). this is in addition to normal maintenance fees. (remember to budget for 15 year renovations or thereabouts) We've owned for nearly 25 years and have had only one renovation assessment about 3 years ago. And it is gorgeous! Older unit smolder unit! Bah on the critics of this. The units are bigger, better located often, those such as ours totally refurbished, and did I mention biggger? Beware -- if you own a specific week and specific time already and purchase additional time through starwood your week that you already own will be automatically enrolled into floating time --so I was advised! For us not an option. We will not convert our week. It is true that if you purchase time other than directly through starwood your week will not have access to their network. So if you want to be a part of the starwood network you must buy your time directly from them. You will pay more. Check out the after market sales. Particularly if you want more than one weeks time. Buy your week privately. You can always buy an additional week through starwood and the other week will be collapsed into the system. So I was advised. Hope this helps.

Just understand that with companies like rci, interval, and pages like redweek that you are never just "locked in" to a specific travel week and destination. There are fantastic places that you can exchange into overseas as well. Good luck.

KK