Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: who have you tried to rent from and got scammed (by Mike N.):

jayjay wrote:
Quote:
What I'd really like to see is a list of names that treated people fairly and honestly.

Oh my goodness Mike, that would be a lot of names since there are thousands of member rentals on Redweek ... naming the honest members would be an almost impossible task. Also, if someone has been scammed by a Redweek member and it hasn't been reported to Redweek then they would have no knowledge of such.

I would hope that anyone that's been scammed from an ad here would contact Redweek to let them know so they can take whatever action is necessary to ban that member from placing ads.

There are socalled rental companies that have scammed people and they are discussed here on Redweek. You can find those by doing a search.

I haven't seen any evidence of an individual owner of a rental that has scammed anyone .... or if they did, it wasn't discussed in the forums.

============= Jayjay, I agree with you completely...hope I don't upset some of your antagonists :). While I've only rented out my unit a copule of times, I'm in constant contact with them and make sure I can do everything possible on my end to have a mooth transaction. I also ask these folks if I can use them as a reference in case future renters have any doubts about my integrity. Have a great weekend.