Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: who have you tried to rent from and got scammed (by Donald D.):

stephanier89 wrote:
I was scammed by Fairfield beach Reality in Florida.I paid in July for a 2 week rental for 12/20/08 - 1/03/09. When I arrived there was no reservation for me.
More questions for Stephanie 1) Firstly, WHO made the First Contact between Fairfield and yourself? ---If they contacted you, how did they know where you wanted to vacation? ---if you cantacted Fairfield, ...WHY? (responce to their Advert on Redweek or another source?) -- did you EVER have teleconversation?... or email? other?? 2) Exactly WHERE was the Vacation Destination (supposedly) to be? ---- does that Resort have a Website? ---- does Fairfield Realty have a website? 3) What was the 'form' of Payment? ( Personal Check, Money Order, Visa, MC, Bank Draft, other) ---- how did you know WHERE to send the payment? (and to whom) 4) What was the 'Form' and 'Context' of the Confirmation? --- my Resorts send a THREE Page Document which outlines RULES (pets, maximum occupancy, non-smoking etc, ) DATES (Checkin/checkout), Directions to Resort, Ammenities, telephone/fax numbers (ALL are 800-toll free)

Anyone who parts with a Nickle prior to getting SATISFACTORY Answers to these (and more) questions is a likely Candidate for a Scam

Surely THIS Forum Thread is worth reading by ALL Prospective TS-Renters.