Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Bad Experience with RCI ---NOT ME !!! (by Brian B.):

ken1193 wrote:
leapfrogf wrote:
the exchange fee is $ 164.-. Obviously you have not been paying attention. I don't agree at all. You guys bought a timeshare. My I ask how much money you spend on that? If you had spend a little more time figuring out how the RCI system works you will notice that RCI is going to be a benefit to you, not a burden. Buying a timeshare and exchanging it without doing your homework is like buying a car get in it and try to drive it... without driver's licence.

Besides, it doesnot make sense not to give a week to RCI but still expect them to have a week (from another member) available to you. I know it is hard, but if you try to make sense of it... let me know.

RCI has been very good to me in the last couple of years, I'm a happy camper because I call them regularly, ask a lot of question. I only get cranky from members that don't know what they are doing.

====================================

I'm not sure who you are lecturing in your post, but if you are happy with your RCI exchange experiences, that's great.

In my own 23 years of timeshare ownership (and RCI membership for almost that long as well), I have very rarely exchanged (or even attempted to exchange), since I bought what I own to use those weeks myself --- which is why I bought those specific weeks in the first place. If I misreported the RCI exchange fee by a mere $15, my apologies. RCI raises their fees often enough that it's hard for a non-exchanger to keep track...

Frankly, my belief is that the class action lawsuit filed against RCI regarding deterioration of their exchange practices in recent years represents a whole lot more people than your own "happy camper" experience. HUNDREDS of dissatisfied "attempted-exchanging" posters on numerous timeshare sites consistently report the same observations of steadily deteriorating exchange availability in recent years.

If you're a happy camper, then keep right on happy camping. Your satisfaction, however, clearly seems to be the exception, rather than the rule, at least judging by the multitude of complaints posted on various timeshare websites --- and now an actual lawsuit filed against RCI to boot...

I agree that RCI has declined in service. We were sold a time share based on red white and blue weeks. We were told unless we spend another $3000 to upgrade to a points system we would only be able to choose from the red white and blue weeks that were deposited. We will never deposit with RCI again.