Hyatt Time Shares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Hyatt Time Shares (by George G.):

Hello Mikki,

Not sure that I can directly answer your questions, but perhaps some of my comments will help. I will say up front that the subject is a little contorted!

We have been owners at Hyatt Pinon Pointe (Sedona, AZ) since 2006. At that time, the "Hyatt Vacation Club" (now called the "Hyatt Residence Club" or "HRC" ) was owned and operated (to the best of our knowledge) by the "Hyatt Residence Group" subsidiary of Hyatt Hotels. Hyatt Hotels was privately owned until November 2009 when the company went public; it is now listed on the NYSE under the ticker symbol "H". The "Hyatt Residence Group" has continued, until very recently, to operate the HRC properties. I am not aware that Diamond International was ever involved with HRC during this time, although I could be wrong and it is possible that Diamond was involved with one or more individual resorts. Very recently (May 2014) the "Interval Leisure Group" agreed to purchase the "Hyatt Residence Group" from Hyatt Hotels and that transaction is expected to be completed sometime later this year (2014). Hyatt has said that all HRC properties will continue to be branded as Hyatt, all Hyatt employees will remain, all HRC member benefits will remain, etc. (http://econtact.templates.cendyn.com/Cendyn/CendynHotel/2014/HyattResidenceClub/images/HyattIHGAnnouncement.pdf).

What the future holds remains to be seen, but I can say that we have been generally pleased with our HRC investment at Sedona. We originally visited that resort following an offer from Hyatt that sounds similar to the one you have for Maui. We have exchanged into several HRC resorts during the past 9 years. Earlier this year (February 2014) I updated our review of Hyatt Pinon Pointe on this site (http://www.redweek.com/resort/P5033-hyatt-pinon-pointe). That review also summarizes some of the exchanges we have made into other HRC properties, and provides some comments on general HRC features. The Maui HRC is new. We have not been there, although we hope to be able to visit sometime. Should you decide to go, please let us know how your visit went!

Best Regards, George

mikkit wrote:
Received a deal in the mail to go to the Hyatt in Maui. Interested, but not sure after reading some of the notes online here. Is Hyatt still under Diamond International or are they under a different name. Many of the notes are from years back. Would like to take advantage, but afraid to book airplane tickets for a family of four and then for some reason, find out we are not able to attend the time we would be able to come. ANY input greatly appreciated! Mikki California