Timeshare sells

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Selling a timeshare... (by KC):

warrenf17 states: Re: >> although it will get deleted. Ebay is really the only place to actually sell a timeshare. << ==========================================

With all due respect, you are wrong on both points:

1. A mere reference to eBay won't get your post deleted just because you mention another web site. The posts that get deleted are self-serving commercial advertising posts masquerading as "discussion". Such "advertising for myself" posts are prohibited from the discussion forums and get promptly deleted --- as they should be.

2. As specifically referenced elsewhere within this very same thread (and in many other forum posts as well), there are actually numerous avenues through which to sell timeshares, several of which are absolutely free (including Bidshares, Craigs List, VacationTimeshareRentals). RedWeek and MyResortNetwork are generally also good selling sites, although both charge the seller modest advertising fees. Timeshare Users Group (TUG) now allows absolutely free "for sale" ads, but only to its members (TUG membership is about $10 per year).

In short, eBay is only one of numerous available selling options. That said, it WOULD at least be true and correct to say (although you never actually say...) that eBay sales currently dictate (and demonstrate) the low end of market value for most any given timeshare week today. By viewing "completed auctions", a prospective seller can often get a rough idea of current market value which, unfortunately, sometimes means little or no value at all. I've personally sold three of my timeshare weeks just in the past year or so --- and I have NEVER used (or ever even tried to use) eBay for advertising. In terms of cost, it took several months in time and less than $100 total combined monetary expenditure. That said, however, the location and the week of a timeshare makes all the difference in the world as far as its "marketability" goes. If no one wants to go where a particular timeshare is located and/or when it is actually available for use, then such a timeshare essentially has no real monetary worth. In such cases, the only real "value" is to its owner for actual use or, if he/she is lucky, to make an "exchange" to go somewhere else via one of the numerous available exchange companies and mechanisms. That said, however, a "rusty iron pipe deposit" will never get anyone a "solid gold bar exchange" in return, although many people seem to want to believe otherwise...